Franklin Half Dollar

Started by Aiguptios, November 04, 2008, 07:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

EgCollector

Hi all,

I would like to share with you one of My latest addition to my USA collection.
I would appreciate any comments.   :) 

Thanks
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Pocketcoins

The Franklins are a lot of fun to collect. But if you get into the high grades it's going to cost you.  :)

AdamL

Quote from: Pocketcoins on November 04, 2008, 09:03:21 PM
The Franklins are a lot of fun to collect. But if you get into the high grades it's going to cost you.  :)

True. But if you only shoot for lower unc coins, it is a really nice/fun set that you can put together without spending a fortune :)
-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

S.George

 :D;

It is easy to assemble a Franklin Halves Set in decent EF condition.  I have assembled one and the second one needs 10 Halves or so to complete.

Franklin was the last 90% silver set, that can be assembled.   In Kennedys there are 90% issue of 1964 and 1965 to 1970 40% silver.

Good Luck Sir EgCollector
George
It is by giving others, we actually receive from G

Nighthawk

Both nice coins, Amr, and 1961 happens to be my birth year!  :)
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Humpybong


Very nice Amr,  glad you enjoy collecting them.

I only collect the One Dollar coins and I enjoy those
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

EgCollector

Quote from: Pocketcoins on November 04, 2008, 09:03:21 PM
The Franklins are a lot of fun to collect. But if you get into the high grades it's going to cost you.  :)

I dont aim for high grades, first because i live in Egypt and its not easy for me to find US coins so whetever the grade i can find will be satisfactory on condition that i can read the date :)
The second reason is that i have started many collections this year, that i dont know how and when will i be able to complete, so my first goal now is to try to complete them then may be in another life i may think of upgrading these collections   
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Quote from: S.George on November 04, 2008, 10:02:09 PM
:D;
Good Luck Sir EgCollector
George

Thanks Sir George  :)

Quote from: S.George on November 04, 2008, 10:02:09 PM
:D;

It is easy to assemble a Franklin Halves Set in decent EF condition.  I have assembled one and the second one needs 10 Halves or so to complete.


How long did it take you to complete the first set
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Quote from: Nighthawk on November 04, 2008, 10:23:20 PM
Both nice coins, Amr, and 1961 happens to be my birth year!  :)

Thanks Nighthawk, so you had a 90% Silver birthday  ;D and i wish you a 100% gold birthdays to come  :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

S.George

 :D

EgCollector!

I don't remember, how long it took to complete a set.    First I started like you and collecting what ever I can catch.   Then slowly assembed a set.

Now I am assembling a Barber Half Dollar Set, for the past one year or so.   Hope to complete the set, before Christmas.

I too live far away, like you.   But good times are always at our disposal.  If we try, sincerely, things are working in our favour.

Wish you good luck

George
It is by giving others, we actually receive from G

EgCollector

Quote from: humpybong on November 04, 2008, 10:32:29 PM

Very nice Amr,  glad you enjoy collecting them.

I only collect the One Dollar coins and I enjoy those

Thanks Barry, i nearly now collect most of the modern US coins with some exceptions.
The funny thing is that up to the last year i wasnt into US coins collecting. And in all the coin forums i am a member at, the main interest of most members includes at least one US coin set and very few members are interested in Egyptian coins.

So i decided after one year of collecting coins to start a small and easy US coin set, Well, if you cant beat them join them  ;D. I decided to start a state quarter series and i was 11 coins short to complete the set (as i can remember), and i posted a thread about what other members suggest that i would collect next. As a result of this thread i am now trying to complete 6 US coin sets by date, one of them is the state quarter series that still didnt complete  ;D ;D ;D LOL

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Quote from: S.George on November 05, 2008, 04:07:34 AM
:D

EgCollector!

I don't remember, how long it took to complete a set.    First I started like you and collecting what ever I can catch.   Then slowly assembed a set.

Now I am assembling a Barber Half Dollar Set, for the past one year or so.   Hope to complete the set, before Christmas.

I too live far away, like you.   But good times are always at our disposal.  If we try, sincerely, things are working in our favour.

Wish you good luck

George

Thanks Sir George and Good Luck with the Barber Set  :) :) :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Triggersmob

Amr, you are adding some great looking U.S. coins to your collection.

Any sign of those Lincolns yet?  I think they must be lost.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

EgCollector

Quote from: triggersmob on November 05, 2008, 04:34:58 AM
Amr, you are adding some great looking U.S. coins to your collection.

Any sign of those Lincolns yet?  I think they must be lost.

Thanks Steve,

I am sorry but they didnt show up till now.
Anyway, I concider them received and your coins are on the way, I hope you like them  :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Triggersmob

I feel stupid now, for sending them all in one hit.
If I had picked one of each year out and sent only them, I would have had more to send.
:( :( :(
I wish you hadn't sent anything. I doesn't feel right to accept coins, if mine haven't arrived.
Is there anything else I can send you?
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

EgCollector

Quote from: triggersmob on November 05, 2008, 05:16:50 AM
I feel stupid now, for sending them all in one hit.
If I had picked one of each year out and sent only them, I would have had more to send.
:( :( :(

It happened to me several times before, so i know how angry you are. Cheer up, the good intentions is all that matter  :)

Quote from: triggersmob on November 05, 2008, 05:16:50 AM

I wish you hadn't sent anything. I doesn't feel right to accept coins, if mine haven't arrived.

You have all the right to accept them since you sent your packages. And if you still feel that way, forget all about the trade and Please accept them from me as a gift  :) :) :)

Quote from: triggersmob on November 05, 2008, 05:16:50 AM
Is there anything else I can send you?

You can send me your wishes that the package make it safely to you.  :) :) :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Triggersmob

Thank you, Amr.
You are a true Knight.

I send those wishes to you now,
and I will let you know when the package arrives.

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Nevol

Amr, Which US State Quarters are you missing?  I have quite a few spare D mint coins & would be only too pleased to help you complete your set.
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

AdamL

Amr, how is the Jefferson collection coming along?
-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

EgCollector

Thanks Nevol,

I need these to complete the set;
2008 P New Mexico
2008 D/P Arizona
2008 P Alaska
2008 D/P Hawaii

I have posted a list with US coins i need, if you kindly have a look at. May be you can help me.

Thanks  :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Quote from: AdamL on November 05, 2008, 07:33:32 PM
Amr, how is the Jefferson collection coming along?

Great, i have only 21 coins to complete the set  :)
Thanks for the trade Adam, it was a great start ;)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Nevol

Amr, Sorry, I don't have any 2008 spares. I was hoping I would be able to help you, but unfortunately I can't.  :'(
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

EgCollector

No problem Nevol, the good intentions are enough for me.  :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107