My First Star Note

Started by CoinCrusader42, January 13, 2009, 03:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CoinCrusader42

At a high school wrestling tournament, I did take a few moments to look at some paper money in my pocket.  And, there it was -- My very first star note.  A series 1969 $1 bill with the serial number F06092940 *  Should I keep it, spend it, collect it, or sell it for millions?

:) :) :) :)

Triggersmob

I'll see your $1 and raise you $4...

This is my only star note too. Have no idea where this came from.

Congratulations, Gary on finding your first one. I would keep it for sure.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

CoinCrusader42

The condition looks about the same as mine.

Guess we are both going to be wealthy.  Well, maybe not.

:) :) :) :)

scottishmoney

I think it is interesting that you find a 40 year old star note from circulation, that is almost impossible now.

Nighthawk

Congrats on your find, CC! I went to the bank last Friday, and the teller had a $20 roll of Ike dollars, and a partial roll of 4. The partial roll contained all BU coins, very sharp, and the full roll had 2 or 3 nice BU's in it. Sorry to report, no silver one's though! But that won't stop me from lookin'!  :)
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

AdamL

I found a ten dollar star note about a year ago. I couldn't afford to keep it though,  :D
-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Pocketcoins


;D This is what you like to see isn't it Adam  8)

AdamL

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Eringobraugh

Pocketcoins....what is that going down the side of franklins head????
"If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing."
Napoleon Bonaparte

Pocketcoins

Quote from: eringobraugh on February 12, 2009, 02:03:47 AM
Pocketcoins....what is that going down the side of franklins head????
I really don't know for sure. It's some kind of printing error but I don't know what made it. I don't know a lot about papor error's. I posted it on a different forum one time but no one could ever tell me any thing about it. It is for sure something that was done when the bill was made. Maybe someone here knows more about it?

Eringobraugh

Id be interested to know that,myself!!!
"If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing."
Napoleon Bonaparte