Australian Citizenship commemorative coin

Started by Mortyr2012, February 02, 2009, 05:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mortyr2012

I'm pretty sure you guys will know this, but I haven't found a thread concerning this coin.. Please don't blame me if there was a news about this coin :D

Here the picture I just found on the Internet.. A beautiful coin :)



Yass

They are a nice coin. 

The come with 'C' mint mark, 'B', 'M' and 'S' privy marks and I suspect 'B', 'M' and 'S' counterstamps later on this year.  They can all be bought for $3 each.  There are two public presses in the mint gallery produce differeces in the positioning of the reeding.

They aslo come in proof sets and single sterling silver and possibly the Fine Silver Set later this year.

Ten coins for a comlete set  :'(

Mortyr2012

Quote from: Yass on February 02, 2009, 05:59:03 PM.  They can all be bought for $3 each. 

Oh, really? I actually thought that they would release the coins with C mintmark (C = Canberra?) to circulation, so they can be bought for face value. Aren't these coins circulating?

Marvin

Yass

These coins are nclt - Non-Circulating Legal Tender.