Okay Ill go first

Started by Eringobraugh, February 23, 2009, 12:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Eringobraugh

I was playing around with photoshop and although I suck at it,I came up with the Pic below.....What do you guys think about something like this for the next medal???
"If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing."
Napoleon Bonaparte

Eringobraugh

maybe a bit tooo many details
"If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing."
Napoleon Bonaparte

edix

That's a great photoshop and should be used as is somewhere to symbolize the fellowship.

The designer, Daniel Carr, previously suggested a dragon for the obverse in 2009 and reusing the reverse to save on funds.

Nighthawk

Quote from: edix on February 23, 2009, 01:28:43 AM
That's a great photoshop and should be used as is somewhere to symbolize the fellowship.

The designer, Daniel Carr, previously suggested a dragon for the obverse in 2009 and reusing the reverse to save on funds.
I agree with Edix on this one. Great photo!  :)
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Goose

A nice idea. To have that struck in the highest relief possible would be great. And I see that Ol'Dan got up off of his 'throne' to paticipate (left side of picture).

Eringobraugh

Well its not the best photoshop job,but you get the idea....Just thought I would throw it out there for S**ts and giggles

I also like the idea of a dragon on the next medal.....
"If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing."
Napoleon Bonaparte

TwoShadows

Picture this....A dragon, representing those "key" dates we all dream of owning. A knight or knightess,(love the female form on a coin)  standing along side the dragon of his/her dreams willing to beat him to the treasure he/she has sought for a lifetime....represented by a treasure chest. All on one medallion......(more later)

Things will be a tad bit different this time around. We are getting a bit wiser as we have two years of medallions under our belt. Again we are faced with rising precious metal costs so there is going to be NO fooling around in 2009!!! Will keep you posted!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

CoinCrusader42

Maybe having Knights fighting the dragon.

Heaven Knows we have had to battle a few "dragons" to get where we are.  Members who have been on this ride for awhile know what I'm refering to.

Whatever topic is selected, it will be a fun quest, as always.

:) :) :) :)

EgCollector

Quote from: edix on February 23, 2009, 01:28:43 AM
The designer, Daniel Carr, previously suggested a dragon for the obverse in 2009 and reusing the reverse to save on funds.

would you like somthing complex like this  :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Quote from: Twoshadows on February 23, 2009, 10:08:21 PM
Picture this....A dragon, representing those "key" dates we all dream of owning. A knight or knightess,(love the female form on a coin)  standing along side the dragon of his/her dreams willing to beat him to the treasure he/she has sought for a lifetime....represented by a treasure chest. All on one medallion......(more later)

how about this  :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Quote from: Twoshadows on February 23, 2009, 10:08:21 PM
..........A knight or knightess,(love the female form on a coin)  ..................

;) :D
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

tyjulie


Paint Your Wagon

Ok I like this and you can leave the dragon out  ;D

OK I guess somebody turned off full size pictures too  ??? ??? ???






Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

longnine009

I'd rather see a living dragon than one that's been killed. As long as I don't have to look at any  Squids singing a song about it.  ::)

"Mac the magic destroyer lived in the sea,
and frolicked in the autumn mist in a place
called the #$@&ing  Med..."

Why not over strike JFK halves for one of the next medals? It would do away with planchet episodes which may only get worse with rising silver prices and limited planchet producers. Personally, half dollar size coins are my favorite. 


Hansenhome

HI Twoshadow's and Member's
I have recived my Dragon's today and they are GREAT!!! Mr Carr Did a outstanding job
Very pleased here in Lasvegas Nevada
Sir Jeffrey  hansenhome

Templar

DRAGONS REACH MICHIGAN TODAY----

JUST BEAUTIFUL DAN-------WORTH THE WAIT

      YOUR FRIEND AND SERVANT..........THE TEMPLAR
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

TwoShadows

Now if we can get Daniel to do the GREATEST MEDALLION EVER CREATED or the MOST BEAUTIFUL MEDALLION EVER CREATED I will be a happy coin collector. Perhaps a medallions with BOTH a Knight and Knightess as we have never gotten together with our Ladies have we? But she has to be absolutely stunning as us Knights expect the best!!! ;D
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Humpybong

Quote from: Twoshadows on April 21, 2010, 05:38:25 PM
Now if we can get Daniel to do the GREATEST MEDALLION EVER CREATED or the MOST BEAUTIFUL MEDALLION EVER CREATED I will be a happy coin collector. Perhaps a medallions with BOTH a Knight and Knightess as we have never gotten together with our Ladies have we? But she has to be absolutely stunning as us Knights expect the best!!! ;D


That is because OldDan will not let us.....he has all of the Knightesses with him.
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

TwoShadows

Darn I forgot about that little problem! If we go to Old Dan's for a photo the medallions would then be a GROUP photo but still just one knight? ;)
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)