Who is collecting stamps ?

Started by Erik, March 22, 2009, 08:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Erik

I am starting collect stamps. Is somebody who collect stamps here? What thema do you collect ?
:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

Nighthawk

Erik, I collect stamps of Nazi Germany. I also collect worldwide stamps with birds, flowers, flags, and airplanes on them! What do you collect? I can get you some nice U.S. stamps if you like!  :) Let me know what your interest is, and I will help you.  :)
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Erik

Hi Nighthawk. I collect mainly used stamps ( they are cheaper  ;D )   I also collect worldwide fauna and flora stamps ans some different sheets. Sheets are beautiful. Of course I try to obtain some Nazi Germany stamps but they are finding very hard for me. I have only a few.
Do you collect also used stamps ? Maybe I would find some stamps with airplanes and flags.  :) :) :)
:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

Nighthawk

I collect both mint and used.  :)
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Erik

Yes I am the same and I save mint stamp carrefuly . I try to find some used with flags and airplanes for you. I think shipping to USA will be cheap because stamps have less weight - fortunately  ;D ;D ;D ;D
:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

EgCollector

I used to collect stamps and coins when i was a child, i have three large albums for Egyptian stamps and two smaller ones for world stamps. Nothing of great value "IMO".
I stopped collecting for a long period of time, but when i started collecting again "in 2006" it was only coins. May be some day i will be in stamp collecting again.  :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Triggersmob

I am also a stamp collector and collect any stamp from anywhere. I have been collecting since 1967, although like most people I gave it away for a few years, then came back later in life.
Went to a stamp fair yesterday and was hoping to win one of two Penny Blacks that were up for auction, but did not win. :(
I also offer adoption for unwanted stamp collections and have managed to amalgamated 5 other collections into mine.

Erik and Nighthawk and any other stamp collectors, I would like to invite you to join our online stamp forum at.. http://www.stampcommunity.org/
The best way to gather stamps is to trade with others, it's the cheapest way.

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

CoinCrusader42

Almost nothing survives of my stamp collection.

However, should I run across any, they will be yours Steve.

My collection never amounted to anything as far as monetary value is concerned.  I mainly collected sheets of stamps showing things I was really interested in.

For example, when John Glenn first orbited the earth, I bought a sheet of "Friendship 7" stamps.  I also sent Glenn an envelope with the stamp.  He autographed it, and sent it back to me.  Wish I knew where it was!!!!

One stamp collection I really enjoyed, before giving it away, was a "Presidential Collection."  There was a panel for each president, and it included a first day cover from the President's home town, as well as other stamps about the President, or about something from his era.

Really a neat collectible.  But, now gone.

In the "Old Days" you could order sheets of stamps from the Government, for face value.  I remember ordering a sheet of stamps regarding Colorado.  They were 1936 issue and only cost me the face value of the stamps.

Now that the Government has found the consumer is a real "cash cow" for both stamps and coins, the "Good Old Days" are over.

:) :) :) :)

Triggersmob

Thank you very much, Gary. I appreciate that.

If I remember correctly, you mentioned you had a friend that collected the stamps off your mail,
so I put plenty on the letter coming your way with the $1 Aussie note. It left on Friday.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

CoinCrusader42

Thanks so much Steve.

I do have a friend who collects.  Also relatives.  Two of my grandkids seem to enjoy the Australian stamps.

:) :) :) :)

Nighthawk

Gary, I can get some Aussie stamps (off paper) for your grandkids if you like along with some world coins I've already promised?  :)
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

CoinCrusader42

Nighthawk,

That is very kind of you.

Thanks so much.

:) :) :) :)

nuggethill

I am also a collector of stamps American,Canadian and Australian I belong to SCF as well,a very friendly group of people with a vast knowledge of stamps.
I also have some Australian pre decimal stamps to give to anyone that would like them.
regards Harry

nuggethill

Oh P.S. I also have a few First Day Covers if anyone's interested.
regards Harry

EgCollector

I will give it a try and start collecting again, didn't decide what topic or theme yet, but
hope that this doesn't end like coin collecting "completely obsessed"  :D :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Nighthawk

Amr, whatever happened to those old Egyptian telegrams you set aside for me? Remember you sent me a scan awhile back? I am still interested in them.   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

EgCollector

John,

All packed and ready to be sent, but i am trying to find you some nice post cards too.
I hoped that it would be a nice surprize when you receive it, but know since you have asked hope at least the content be a nice surprize. ;)

Just give me a couple of days and it will be on its way  :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Nighthawk

Thanks Amr! Do you need my mailing address?   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

EgCollector

Your welcome John,

I am sorry for the delay, but i tried to find you the post cards today after i finished working at the clinic about 9 pm but unfortunately most of the Book shops and liberaries were closed.

The problem is that i finish work late and the book shops close at the week ends so i will try to find a way to buy these at the middle of the day. Just give me a couple of days and i will get them to you.  :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Quote from: Nighthawk on August 07, 2010, 04:05:53 PM
Do you need my mailing address?   ;D

I cant forget your address  :) you live in Garden city the same neighbourhood where my grandmother live. The only difference is that yours in Michigan and my grandma's in Cairo  :D ;) :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Triggersmob

Quote from: EgCollector on August 07, 2010, 04:17:16 PM
Quote from: Nighthawk on August 07, 2010, 04:05:53 PM
Do you need my mailing address?   ;D

I cant forget your address  :) you live in Garden city the same neighbourhood where my grandmother live. The only difference is that yours in Michigan and my grandma's in Cairo  :D ;) :)

And I live about 10 minutes from Garden City.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

EgCollector

Quote from: triggersmob on August 10, 2010, 06:15:34 AM
Quote from: EgCollector on August 07, 2010, 04:17:16 PM
Quote from: Nighthawk on August 07, 2010, 04:05:53 PM
Do you need my mailing address?   ;D

I cant forget your address  :) you live in Garden city the same neighbourhood where my grandmother live. The only difference is that yours in Michigan and my grandma's in Cairo  :D ;) :)

And I live about 10 minutes from Garden City.
Its a small world Steve :D :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Steve,

I have been searching the net for three days now, viewing stamps.....

Is this normal....should i see a doctor... :D
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Triggersmob

I tried to warn you, that you would be opening a "can or worms".
No need to see a Doctor though, just call it stress relief.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Nighthawk

Quote from: EgCollector on August 10, 2010, 07:09:10 AM
Steve,

I have been searching the net for three days now, viewing stamps.....

Is this normal....should i see a doctor... :D
Have you any idea yet what kind of stamps you would like to collect Amr? I can set you up with just about anything if you like! I collect worldwide stamps with birds, aircraft, flowers, and flags. I also collect stamps, covers, and postcards from Nazi Germany.   :)
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

C'mon now Amr............ you know you want to collect stamps don't you? I shall tease you with these my friend.......   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

.......and these.............   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

...........and these...........   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

.......and this one also.........   ;D  ARE YOU HOOKED YET???   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

EgCollector

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

 You should know me better my friend, if you want to get my attention these are not the birds or animals to use   ;)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

You should have used only this  :D
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Humpybong


Sure is nice to have some pets to play with!

;D   ;D   ;D
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

EgCollector

I have been searching the net for three days now, viewing stamps and asking questions about stamp collecting. Reading articles and downloading books.

I went to a stamp shop "from wher i got a small present for a friend of mine" ;), trying to learn more. The problem is, there is a lot of beautiful stamps out there  :o


I didnt decide if i am going to start collecting stamps or not, and if yes what theme or topic will i choose. of course Egyptian stamps and Great White Shark are both out of the question.

Yes i am crazy about this fish and i know it  :D :D and if some day i have some extra money to spend, the first thing to do is buy a ticket to Australia and go see this GREAT ONE in real. Face to face.  :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Humpybong


You will always be welcome here Amr,  happy to introduce to one when you get here
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

EgCollector

Quote from: humpybong on August 10, 2010, 04:55:13 PM

Sure is nice to have some pets to play with!

;D   ;D   ;D

LOL


Would you send me one to play with  :D
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Quote from: humpybong on August 10, 2010, 05:02:39 PM

You will always be welcome here Amr,  happy to introduce to one when you get here

Have you ever seen one Barry.

I think i've seen on National Geographic or Animal planet "cannt recall" that ther is large aquariums where you can walk around as if you are under water, in which this one is placed.

Have you ever visited this aquarium?  :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Nighthawk

Sorry my friend Amr. I had forgotten about the Great White sharks. My apologies.......  ;)  You must come and visit Sea World in Ohio. Big shark tank, Killer Whales, and many other aquatic creatures.   ;D  How about collecting "sea life" on stamps? You could build quite a collection with this theme.   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

EgCollector

There is nothing to be sorry about  :)

Well it seems that my six year old girl is interested too.

She is sitting beside me while i'm viewing stamps on the net and she asks me if she too can collect stamps

She is interested in stamps with birds  :D
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

But i got to admit that she's got taste  :)

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Triggersmob

For those that are interested in stamps, you can join Amr, Nuggethill and myself at http://www.stampcommunity.org/
would love to see you there.
Amr, if great whites are in the ocean, I will stay on terra firma. LOL
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

EgCollector

Quote from: triggersmob on August 11, 2010, 05:55:45 AM
Amr, if great whites are in the ocean, I will stay on terra firma. LOL

LOL...

i would love to see one from a fishing boat  :D



Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Nighthawk

Quote from: EgCollector on August 11, 2010, 05:15:27 AM
But i got to admit that she's got taste  :)


Yes, she certainly does have good taste! Very nice stamps indeed!   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

TKO

I collected stamps when I was a youngster. The numbered blocks I have are at least 40 years old and I would be interested in turning loose of them if anyone would be interested. I have some older single uncancelled stamps too. I even found one in a very old autograph book that is from Mexico dated 1900.

If any of you are, email me at: This Address
TKO-100

Triggersmob

TKO, e-mail sent through forum e-mail, I'm not set up to use Outlook. ;D
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

EgCollector

Thanks TKO for your offer, i think Steve beat me this time :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Triggersmob

I haven't heard back from TKO yet, but Amr I am quite willing to share.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

EgCollector

Thanks Steve,
I didnt decide yet what i will collect so i think they will find a better home and more friends to chat with at your place.  :)

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Nighthawk

Quote from: EgCollector on August 11, 2010, 06:09:29 AM
Quote from: triggersmob on August 11, 2010, 05:55:45 AM
Amr, if great whites are in the ocean, I will stay on terra firma. LOL

LOL...

i would love to see one from a fishing boat  :D




Hey, I like sharks too......... and MERMAIDS!!!   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

EgCollector

QuoteHey, I like sharks too......... and MERMAIDS!!!   ;D

who doesnt like Sharks and Mermaids specialy on silver  ;)

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Triggersmob

You guys can fight over the shark, I'll take care of the Mermaid.  ;) ;) ;)
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Triggersmob

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

EgCollector

of course this is a tragedy and a very sad story,  :(
but I think that we cannot blame the shark for that.
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Nevol

Quote from: EgCollector on August 17, 2010, 11:34:19 AMof course this is a tragedy and a very sad story,  :(but I think that we cannot blame the shark for that.

If people are prepared to go into the Shark's territory, they have to accept the risks involved. I do feel sorry for the relatives and friends, but the shark is not at fault.

I rarely go to the beach and when I do, I don't enter water any deeper than about 30 CM.  Couldn't tell you the last time I was on a beach, maybe 10 yrs ago. I haven't owned a swimsuit for over 35 yrs.  I have very fair skin, have already had 1 melanoma and that put me off getting sun exposure quick smart.

I have had 1 Uncle & 1 Brother both die as a result of melanomas, so I'm not taking any chances. 
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Triggersmob

I don't think I have been to the beach for over 20 years. I agree with you guys, and don't blame the shark, he is doing what comes naturally. If someone wants to enter his world looking like a seal, then they are asking for it.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

EgCollector

Quote from: Nevol on August 17, 2010, 05:26:24 PM

If people are prepared to go into the Shark's territory, they have to accept the risks involved. I do feel sorry for the relatives and friends, but the shark is not at fault.


Quote from: triggersmob on August 17, 2010, 05:40:19 PM
If someone wants to enter his world looking like a seal, then they are asking for it.

1,000,000% AGREE  :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Triggersmob

TKO, did you recieve my e-mail?
I haven't heard back from you.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Nighthawk

NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

EgCollector

Very nice John  :) I like things the old way; simple and says it all  :) Thanks for sharing  :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Nighthawk

NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Nighthawk

Cyprus 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 Piasgre   ;D
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971