Gary Burke aka CoinCrusader Memorial Medallion

Started by TwoShadows, March 21, 2010, 08:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TwoShadows

I would suggest everyone check out Daniel's planned design for the Burke Memorial Medallion in the other thread in this section and get your orders placed. If Daniel can pull this design off it should put him on equal standings with any mint in the world! I am putting my money on him! ;)
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

TwoShadows

I would like to let each of you know the Burke family, in this very trying time, is overwhelmingly in favor of the design which Daniel has presented this week to our membership. They have been touched deeply! I have been in contact with Michelle concerning the design and she has worked with Daniel to get that perfect photograph for the medallion. I advised her on Wednesday the finished design had been posted for our review and she, in turn, rushed to her mother's side to present the news.
Later Wednesday I received a call from our Mountain Lady, Pat Burke, concerning the medallion and our efforts to provide this very worthy memorial for our Knight Sir Gary Burke. I had asked Michelle for the families approval before we struck the design. I simply cannot find the words to describe the love and the thanks offered from Pat and her family in Delta. In this very trying time we have given them something unexpected and they are just overwhelmed with gratitude to all of our members spread around the world who have so generously made this memorial a reality. Pat described Gary's love for this forum and the people he had befriended here. Through the years many of us have become one big family, whether we knew it or not, and will continue to do so as we move forward. When the time is right both Pat and Michelle will be posting their own replies to our endeavors but until then they have asked that I tell EACH OF YOU how much they appreciate our efforts and the love they have for our membershp.
While we all wish to have one small piece to commemorate our friendship with Gary, our CoinCrusader, his family is now awaiting an heirloom to have, hold and cherish for generations to come. Years from now when these medallions are passed on to others there will be stories told and part of the story will be resting on the back of the medallion telling all that in 2010 Knights and Knightesses still roamed the planet. Only through the miracle of technology could they exist and with a click of the mouse they spread around the world sharing their passion for their hobby, the joy of distant friendship and, at times, heartbreak and tears. One of those  medallions shall forever rest, embedded, in the tombstone of Gary Burke in Delta, Colorado.
It is an honor to be a small part of this story, to be a friend of his family and to have known a personality like Gary Burke.
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

TwoShadows

   I have received a free standing Castle Plaque which has been handcrafted by Madspec to hold one of our 63mm Pewter Medallions. This plaque will be presented to the Burke family with one of the memorial medallions after they are struck. Thank you Madspec for your time, effort and craftsmanship in this project.
   I will get a photo of Madspec's craftsmanship as soon as I can get with TKO and will post the plaque here for all to see. I am sure Madspec is willing to turn out a few more of these castles if any of our members are interested in displaying their pewter medallions in such a way. Personally I like what he has done and see the potential of adding a few to display all my pewters.
   Hopefully I can get a quote from Madspec for each plaque and offer them real soon through the KOTCT or directly from Madspec. Thanks again to Marion for this gift to the Burke family.
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)


Humpybong


Sir Madspec.......truly a gentleman and a great Knight.

What a great gesture.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

TwoShadows

Hey Humpybong you know that big ole package is getting very near don't you? Let us know when it clears customs to find your home! It is a heavy one!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Triggersmob

Sir Madspec, that is a very noble gesture, indeed.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Humpybong

Quote from: Twoshadows on April 24, 2010, 05:22:37 PM
Hey Humpybong you know that big ole package is getting very near don't you? Let us know when it clears customs to find your home! It is a heavy one!


I am waiting.....waiting.....waiting......but not here yet.
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

nuggethill

This is a sad moment to come back on site Terry,been away in the country working on resurfacing a runway at a country airport for the last few months and didn't know untill I read my mail to-day that Gary had passed,he will be sadly missed by all.
Nancy sorry I'm late with this as I just found out,may I have one coin/medallion thanks also I'll donate $50.00 on top of the $23.00 for a total of $70.00 + $3.00 postage sent as a gift to Terry's email A.D.
Your servant
Harry

nuggethill

Oh P.S.
Have sent the money through Paypal
regards Harry

Nevol

Quote from: nuggethill on April 25, 2010, 05:28:00 AMThis is a sad moment to come back on site Terry,been away in the country working on resurfacing a runway at a country airport for the last few months and didn't know untill I read my mail to-day that Gary had passed,he will be sadly missed by all.Nancy sorry I'm late with this as I just found out,may I have one coin/medallion thanks also I'll donate $50.00 on top of the $23.00 for a total of $70.00 + $3.00 postage sent as a gift to Terry's email A.D.Your servantHarry
Noted Harry.. :)
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Templar

I WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED IN A MEDALLION HOLDER IF IT COULD BE ARRANGED WITH MADSPEC................DON'T KNOW HOW LONG THEY TAKE TO MAKE AND I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A PICTURE OF ONE BUT AS A PERSON WHO HAS TROUBLE HAMMERING A NAIL.........I AM ALWAYS IMPRESSED WITH ANYONE WITH ANY SORT OF MECHANICAL APTITUDE.........I LOVE GOING INTO OLD FASHIONED HARDWARE STORES AND JUST LOOK AROUND EVEN THOUTH I HAVEN'T A CLUE AS TO WHAT YOU WOULD DO WITH 99% OF THE ITEMS-

   YOUR SERVANT AND FRIEND.........THE TEMPLAR
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

TwoShadows

I will have to get the photo posted and will assume Madspec can help us out if we can find out how many free standing holders we need. I will see what I can find out and get back with you.
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

TwoShadows

Nevol please mark Edix as paid on this memorial medallion. His REAL cash arrived today! (Edix you are a lot like me!) ;)
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Nevol

Quote from: Twoshadows on April 26, 2010, 03:01:51 PMNevol please mark Edix as paid on this memorial medallion. His REAL cash arrived today! (Edix you are a lot like me!) ;)
Noted!
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

TwoShadows

I have learned, from Daniel Carr, there is a chance the CoinCrusader Memorial Medallion could be struck as early as next week if his order for pewter blanks arrive by then. Once again we are nearing the end of another successful quest.

I will be needing to wrap up the order count very quickly with our membership and also with the Burke family. If you want one of these PLEASE get it on order.
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

TwoShadows

Nevol you can mark Mackinac paid for his two medallions. Thanks!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Nevol

Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Madspec

Here are a couple of photos of the castle.

Maple---------12.50
Poplar---------15.00 
Mahogany----20.00
I can also do them in Walnut but the price would be about $35.00 as it is more expensive and a little harder to work with.

The shipping in the US would be $4.95 Priority Flat Rate
The cheapest I could find for Australia would be $13.50

Anyone wanting one just email me with what type wood and your email address and I will send you my paypal link or my address if you don't want to use paypal. 
I can usually make and ship in about 7 days.

madspec




SIR MADSPEC  KNIGHT #57
TO SERVE WITH Honor,Respect,and Loyalty


Madspec

I forgot to mention that I can do these for the 38mm as well as the 63mm medals.

Thanks
madspec
SIR MADSPEC  KNIGHT #57
TO SERVE WITH Honor,Respect,and Loyalty

Hansenhome

Hi Two shadow's
I would like to pay for my order paypal please let me know?
copy[ Hi I will take 5 coin's also thank's and $20.00 toward's coin's for the Burke family
Sir  Jeffrey] I will pay as soon as I recive an answer My 4 year old son has had surgury
and have not been home he may come home sunday I hope
Thank's Sir Jeffrey  Hansenhome

TwoShadows

Sorry to hear about your little guy in the hospital. I do hope he is doing well? I will email my PayPal ID in a few minutes. With a little luck we should see these medallions very soon.
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

TwoShadows

I am debating whether or not the KOTCT should purchase a few of these medallions for future sale? I know without a doubt someone will want one in the future but don't know whether or not to tie up our funds? Any thoughts on this? For what it is worth I was thinking 4 to 6 medallions?
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

AdamL

Quote from: Twoshadows on May 02, 2010, 07:14:13 PM
I am debating whether or not the KOTCT should purchase a few of these medallions for future sale? I know without a doubt someone will want one in the future but don't know whether or not to tie up our funds? Any thoughts on this? For what it is worth I was thinking 4 to 6 medallions?

I think its probably a good idea.
-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Humpybong


Yep...good idea.

Some new member may want a copy.
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Templar

I THINK IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE A FEW IN STOCK FOR PROCRASTINATORS OR ESPECIALLY HAVE SOME FOR NEW MEMBERS TO BE ABLE TO OBTAIN...................MAYBE NOT THE GARY BURKE MEDALLONS BECAUSE THEY  WOULD  NOT MEAN AS MUCH  TO THOSE WHO MET HIM,TRADED WITH HIM OR TALKED TO HIM BUT MANY NEW MEMBERS WOULD WANT BACK MEDALS OF OUR ORGANIZATION

      THANKS........YOUR FRIEND............THE TEMPLAR
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

NoHope587

I should have several extras available from my order. I purchased more than I needed just for the eventuality mentioned...
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Nevol

I will also have 2 spares in the event that any Aussies (new members or not) desire to own one of them at a later date.  ;)

If, after a while, there are no Aussies that want one, they would become available to anyone, anywhere. ( I haven't determined how long a 'while' is though.)   ::)
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

nuggethill

G'Day Terry could you please tell me if you have received my paypal money for the memorial medallion,If it hasn't arrived I will send more money ASAP.
thanks and regards Harry

TwoShadows

Yes Nuggethill it arrived safe and sound but I am always open to MORE!!! ;D  Never know what I might be needing next and at the rate I am crashing Nitro planes this spring well....? ;D
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Nevol

Quote from: Twoshadows on May 03, 2010, 06:45:35 PMYes Nuggethill it arrived safe and sound but I am always open to MORE!!! ;D  Never know what I might be needing next and at the rate I am crashing Nitro planes this spring well....? ;D

Noted
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

nuggethill

Terry lucky your not flying a P 76 LOL  ;D ,you may need to go back to basics like a wire guided trainer  :-X  LOL  naw just joking   :D   have fun mate and like you I've been there and done that   ;)  but many many many years ago.
regards Harry

TwoShadows

The clock is slowly ticking as we await word from Daniel Carr on these memorial medallions. I am anxious to know if we will have the first matrix-dot technology medallion here in the states!!!



Nuggethill I will be putting up a new Red Rascal, with a 68 and a half inch wing span and nitro engine, tomorrow if weather permits. I have lost my first two nitro powered planes this spring due to a faulty on/off switch (know that now) so this new plane was built and a NEW on/off switch added. Still have to name her but I am starting to envision a KOTCT Knight Flyer? Will have to keep you posted on this first flight!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

TwoShadows

I have received payment from Jeffrey so Nevol can mark it accordingly! PLEASE! ;)
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Nevol

Quote from: Twoshadows on May 08, 2010, 11:17:54 PMI have received payment from Jeffrey so Nevol can mark it accordingly! PLEASE! ;)
Noted!
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Nevol

Copy  of Reply #28 of this thread, just bringing it to the front.  ;D ;D

Orders for the Gary Burke Memorial Medallion
 
1....Burke Family...6...$120.00 (maybe reduce this to 5 as TKO wants to personally send 1 to Michelle?)
2....AdamL..............1...$20.00 - Paid
3....ElleKitty............1...$20.00 - Paid
4....Templar............1...$20.00 - Paid
5....Nighthawk.........1...$20.00
6....Humpybong.......1...$20.00 - Paid
7....Nevol................3...$60.00 - Paid
8....nohope587.......8..$160.00 - Paid
9....Renal................1...$20.00- Paid
10...Pocketcoins......1...$20.00 - Paid
11...TKO................2...$40.00 - Paid
12...Twoshadows....1...$20.00 - Paid
13...triggersmob.....1...$20.00 - Paid
14...muckeye..........1...$20.00 - Paid
15...Tobyle.............1...$20.00 - Paid
16...Edix................1...$20.00 - Paid
17...Longnine.........1...$20.00
18...j8burke...........3...$60.00
19...Yass...............1...$20.00 - Paid
20...skisnowmass...2...$40.00 - Paid
21...gregk..............1...$20.00
22...Ken Nyberg......1...$20.00 - Paid
23...Madspec..........1...$20.00 - Paid
24...Topher............1...$20.00- Paid
25...Jeffrey.............5...$100.00 - Paid
26...mackinac.........2...$40.00 - Paid
27...nuggethill........1...$20.00 - Paid
28 Burke Family.....32..$Cost Price

Total...........82 =  $1000.00+ ?


Updated 11 May - forum time
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

TwoShadows

Hi Nevol! Seems like I am always wanting something! Please add 32 medallions for the Burke Family to our list. I will advise when payment is received.
I also want everyone to know I offered the Burke Family these medallions at our cost per medallion, whatever that might be, as I had NO intention of figuring their purchase into the production costs of these medallions. I hope everyone agrees with my thought process on this matter. If not please email me to voice any concerns. Thanks.
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Nevol

Quote from: Twoshadows on May 11, 2010, 02:48:17 PMHi Nevol! Seems like I am always wanting something! Please add 32 medallions for the Burke Family to our list. I will advise when payment is received. I also want everyone to know I offered the Burke Family these medallions at our cost per medallion, whatever that might be, as I had NO intention of figuring their purchase into the production costs of these medallions. I hope everyone agrees with my thought process on this matter. If not please email me to voice any concerns. Thanks.
Noted!

Cost Price is fine by me for Gary's family.  ;D 
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

AdamL

Sounds great. I can't wait to see what Daniel does with these medallions!
-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

TwoShadows

   It appears there will be a slight delay on these medallions as Daniel is still waiting on the pewter blanks to be delivered. So, with that in mind, we will continue to accept new orders until I hear differently. Thanks to all of you for your continued support of a very worthy quest!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Templar

IF THE MEDALS ARE ANYTHING LIKE DAN'S OTHER ONES THEY WILL CERTAINLY BE WORTHY OF THE WAIT.......I HAVE HAD SO MANY COMMENTS ON THE LARGE MEDALLIONS......MANY SAYING THEY HADN'T SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THEM..

       I THINK I CAN WAIT----I THINK I CAN WAIT----I THINK I CAN WAIT........

         YOUR FRIEND-------------THE TEMPLAR
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

TwoShadows

Daniel has advised the medallions are done and will be shipped today to me. He reported some disappointment in the pewter blanks as some had imperfections but continued with his efforts to get this project completed in a timely manner. I will be shipping them as quickly as I can.
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Humpybong

I see by the above listing that some have not paid for there medals.  (or is this out of date)


If you have not paid please do so ASAP

Orders for the Gary Burke Memorial Medallion
 
1....Burke Family...6...$120.00 (maybe reduce this to 5 as TKO wants to personally send 1 to Michelle?)
2....AdamL..............1...$20.00 - Paid
3....ElleKitty............1...$20.00 - Paid
4....Templar............1...$20.00 - Paid
5....Nighthawk.........1...$20.00
6....Humpybong.......1...$20.00 - Paid
7....Nevol................3...$60.00 - Paid
8....nohope587.......8..$160.00 - Paid
9....Renal................1...$20.00 - Paid
10...Pocketcoins......1...$20.00 - Paid
11...TKO................2...$40.00 - Paid
12...Twoshadows....1...$20.00 - Paid
13...triggersmob.....1...$20.00 - Paid
14...muckeye..........1...$20.00 - Paid
15...Tobyle.............1...$20.00 - Paid
16...Edix................1...$20.00 - Paid
17...Longnine.........1...$20.00
18...j8burke...........3...$60.00
19...Yass...............1...$20.00 - Paid
20...skisnowmass...2...$40.00 - Paid
21...gregk..............1...$20.00
22...green18(K Nyberg) .1...$20.00 - Paid
23...Madspec..........1...$20.00 - Paid
24...Topher............1...$20.00 - Paid
25...Jeffrey.............5...$100.00 - Paid
26...mackinac.........2...$40.00 - Paid
27...nuggethill........1...$20.00 - Paid
28 Burke Family.....32..$Cost Price

Total...........82 =  $1000.00+ ?

Updated 11 May - forum time
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

TwoShadows

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! Daniel Carr has done the impossible as the Gary Burke Memorial Medallions are now in my hands. Simply unbelievable WORLD CLASS work by the Moonlight Mint and Daniel Carr. Will start shipping in the next few days. I/We will always have a memory of our friend and mentor Sir Gary Burke and his family will have an heirloom to pass from generation to generation. These medallions are a beautiful tribute to many things which we all can be very proud of.
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Triggersmob

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Nevol

Quote from: humpybong on June 01, 2010, 10:20:55 PMI see by the above listing that some have not paid for there medals.  (or is this out of date)

The list as it appears is up to date.  Renal will be paying shortly, other unpaid orders will have to be sent reminders I guess.

I'll send them all a reminder today. 

Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Templar

WHAT AN HONOR FOR GARY AND A TRIBUTE TO DAN'S TALENTS AND TO ALL OF YOU WHO SAW THE IMPORTANCE OF THESE MEDALLIONS........ONCE AGAIN I AM TRUELY GLAD TO BELONG TO A BAND OF "NUTS" LIKE ALL OF YOU WHEN YOU THINK OF HOW SPREAD OUT WE ARE ON THIS BIG BLUE SPACESHIP AND YET WE HAVE MADE IT JUST A NEIGHBORHOOD OF FRIENDLY PEOPLE...MAY THE POWERS THAT BE KEEP US SAFE AND TOGETHER........KEEP BELIEVING!

      YOUR VERY HUMBLE FRIEND AND SERVANT........THE TEMPLAR
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

TwoShadows

   A few medallions were mailed today and I expect to send the Burke Family theirs tomorrow. I will continue to package a few each evening until they are all on the way. Most of you don't know I am currently experiencing a major trama in my life so please be patient as I am working on the list. I am sure everyone will be just as proud of these medallions as I am!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

edix


Triggersmob

Terry, I have been worried about you, you haven't been posting here as often as normal.
I hope everything works out OK.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

TwoShadows

Don't worry ole buddy it will all be over in a couple of months and I will have my own computer back. Lets just say I am NOT living at home right now! I will keep in touch!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

green18

Terry, I just today recieved my medallion.  Many thanks for getting it to me so quickley.

TwoShadows

I am trying to get a few in the mail every couple of days. The medallions for the Burke family and Nohope went out today. Will keep plugging away until they are all on the way.
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Templar

TERRY---I RECEIVED MY MEDALLION TODAY---THANKS FOR YOUR LEADERSHIP AMIDST A SEA OF FURY...........WE HAVE YOUR BACK......NEED ANYTHING AT ALL.....EVEN A FEW DAYS IN NEARBY MICHIGAN...MY DOOR IS ALWAYS OPEN (ACTUALLY IT WAS STOLEN) BUT THAT IS BESIDES THE POINT....A SERIOUS INVITE IF YOU NEED A CHANGE OF SCENERY.............

   YOUR FRIEND AND FELLOW MIDWESTERNER..........THE TEMPLAR[COLOR]
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

AdamL

I received my medallion today. Its a great tribute to Gary. And another great piece by Daniel Carr.
-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

medicmichelle89

Hello Knights and Knightesses!

My family received our medallions yesterday -- we are speechless, thrilled, and honored; they are absolutely incredible. My mom (Mountain Lady) loves the medallion, it brought tears of joy and thankfulness. Papa would have simply been astonished at such a tribute, but it would have touched him deeply and I can think of no better way to honor him.  CoinCrusader was blessed to have you in his life, as friends and collectors. I speak for my entire family when I say Thank You -- thank you for the time you spent, the conversations you had, the trades you made, for being the Knights/Knightesses. Thank you so much for this incredible Medallion, especially to Terry, Daniel Carr, and all who dwell within these castle walls. We will cherish the medallion and you forever. Bless you all and thanks again.

Michelle

Triggersmob

Quote from: medicmichelle89 on June 13, 2010, 09:26:06 AM
CoinCrusader was blessed to have you in his life

As we were blessed to have him touch our lives.

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Nevol

Quote from: triggersmob on June 13, 2010, 09:36:15 AM
Quote from: medicmichelle89 on June 13, 2010, 09:26:06 AMCoinCrusader was blessed to have you in his life
As we were blessed to have him touch our lives.

My sentiments precisely!  We were all touched by Gary in some way and to have a lasting Memorial of him by way of the medallion shows the high esteem he was held in.

The Burke Turtle Service will continue to deliver "Friendship Around the World".
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Templar

WITH OR WITHOUT THE MEDALLION .....WE WILL REMEMBER YOUR FATHER...BUT IT IS VERY NICE TO HAVE THE MEDALLION

YOUR SERVANT AND FRIEND...........THE TEMPLAR
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

TwoShadows

The remaining U.S. members orders went out today. I am working on them!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

AdamL

The medallions mean alot to all of us. I'm glad to hear that they mean alot to the family too. Thanks for the update.
-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Pocketcoins

My medallion arrived today.  ;D I reckon I just never gave much thought to how big it was going to be. What a surprise when that came out of the package.  ;D It's huge.  ;D

TwoShadows

   Sir Gary Burke absolutely loved the huge 63mm pewters so we went with his love of the medallions. It also gave us much more room to design something appropriate for our friend and his family. With that in mind we moved quickly to say "Thank You" to someone who has done so much for so many and asked nothing in return. The Burke family will forever be a part of KOTCT and we of them!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Humpybong



When will the aussie lot be sent.....we are all waiting for it to arrive.
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Hansenhome

Hi Terry
My medallion's arrived today in LasVegas thank's so very much!!!! Great Coin!!!! Mr Carr did a great job A+++
Sir Jeffrey     hansenhome

TwoShadows

The Burke Family in Delta, Colorado is still absolutely in awe over the medallions produced by KOTCT and Daniel Carr's Moonlight Mint. They have received more requests from family members for the medallions so if any of you have extra medallions for sale PLEASE email MedicMichelle with information. You can email her by going to the "members" list and search for her name. Thank you in advance for any consideration you give this request.
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

edix

I received the memorial medallion today, which was a bit sentimental due to the fact that a local friend of mine died this morning. (He had previously told me he's left me some Russian coins in his will.)
I think Daniel Carr's rendition of Gary Burke is amazing. What a great innovation!
There's some press grease on the rims, but that lends itself to the hand wrought authenticity of the piece.
Cheers!

Humpybong


None received downunder as yet.  Still waiting on them to be posted to us.

:'(
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

D. Carr

Quote from: Twoshadows on June 19, 2010, 07:38:30 PM
The Burke Family in Delta, Colorado is still absolutely in awe over the medallions produced by KOTCT and Daniel Carr's Moonlight Mint. They have received more requests from family members for the medallions so if any of you have extra medallions for sale PLEASE email MedicMichelle with information. You can email her by going to the "members" list and search for her name. Thank you in advance for any consideration you give this request.

I've actually still got about 5 pieces that are struck just fine, but I had issues applying the edge lettering and it didn't come out quite right (doubled lettering and/or partially missing edge lettering).   I was going to destroy those "rejects", but didn't yet.   I can send those.   I also have the die which I could also send.   What address should I send them to ?

D. Carr

Quote from: edix on June 21, 2010, 01:11:05 PM
I received the memorial medallion today, which was a bit sentimental due to the fact that a local friend of mine died this morning. (He had previously told me he's left me some Russian coins in his will.)
I think Daniel Carr's rendition of Gary Burke is amazing. What a great innovation!
There's some press grease on the rims, but that lends itself to the hand wrought authenticity of the piece.
Cheers!

Thanks.   It isn't really "press grease" - more like planchet grease.   The pewter is sort of a "greasy" metal, with lots of impurity inclusions.

PS:
My condolences on your friend.

edix

Wow! That high pressure must act like a leaching process then.

D. Carr

Quote from: edix on June 25, 2010, 12:59:18 PM
Wow! That high pressure must act like a leaching process then.

Once when I was striking some 63mm pewter, I failed to notice that the coin press was adjusted
for blanks that were half the tickness of the blank I just inserted.   Compared to other metals,
striking pewter is like "punching pillows".   When I stamped this one, it literally went "poof !",
and flakes of pewter went flying all over the room - like a feather pillow that had exploded.

TwoShadows

I am proud to FINALLY announce that all medallions which are paid in full are IN THE MAIL!!! Sorry for the delay but my private life was a bit in turmoil for a few weeks. Things are returning to normal so I should be back with all of you very soon. (single though!)

Daniel if you would just send the medallions to me if the Burke family has not contacted you. I will see that they get the ten medallions they requested.

I still have NOT received payment for a couple of medallions so I will just sit on them for the time being. Thanks to all of you for another successful quest.
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Triggersmob

Great news about the medals.
Sad news about your private life.
I hope everything works out OK for you.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

TwoShadows

   Trigg ole buddy I am working on it! After a very emotional couple of weeks I am now seeing things in a whole new light and I like what I see! Will keep you posted and do let me know when those medallions reach OZ. Shouldn't be too long as they are coming Priority Mail.  ;)

   I am actually thinking about saving up a few bucks and going down under to visit next year! Got to have goals don't we? Something to look forward to and to focus on? Of course there is also Wyoming and Colorado calling as well! ;)
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Templar

DON'T FORGET MICHIGAN

YOUR FRIEND ........THE TEMPLAR
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

Triggersmob

Quote from: Twoshadows on June 28, 2010, 07:30:58 PM
  Trigg ole buddy I am working on it! After a very emotional couple of weeks I am now seeing things in a whole new light and I like what I see! Will keep you posted and do let me know when those medallions reach OZ. Shouldn't be too long as they are coming Priority Mail.  ;)

   I am actually thinking about saving up a few bucks and going down under to visit next year! Got to have goals don't we? Something to look forward to and to focus on? Of course there is also Wyoming and Colorado calling as well! ;)

Wyoming and Colorado you can visit anytime.  Come on down to Aus, I'm sure there are plenty of Knights that will offer you a bed, a mug of mead and a hot meal.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Tobyle

I can offer the spare bed ..... can probably get hold of the mead, but as for the hot meal - unless you like Take Away, you'll have to cook that for yourself I'm afraid.

Yass

I have a six bedroom house with only one transient child living at home.  You can have the garage   :D :D :D

Seriously, anytime you, or any other member of the KOTCT find themselves in the Canberra region, you will always have a place to stay.  I even have a spare car.  It might not have any petrol due to a son who thinks the more petrol a car has, the more likely he is to use it rather than his own (which never has any petrol).

Humpybong


There is always a bed for you here in sunny Brisbane.

Just let me know when you are arriving.

;D   ;D    ;D
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

TwoShadows

   I sure wish it was that simple but I will work on it. Just remember I will be looking for room and broad!!! ;)
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Nevol

Quote from: Twoshadows on June 30, 2010, 07:15:59 PMI sure wish it was that simple but I will work on it. Just remember I will be looking for room and broad!!! ;)

:)  ;)  :D  ;D  :o  8)  ???  ::) It that a typo or what?   ???  ???

Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Humpybong

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Triggersmob

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Templar

WE CALL THEM TROUBLE IN MICHIGAN ::) ::) ::)

  YOUR FRIEND........THE TEMPLAR
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

TwoShadows

   Sorry NO typos in my post. Sheilas will do! Must be between 16 and 80, still breathing and loves coin collecting. I can name a few other requirements but this is a family forum!!! ;)
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

TwoShadows

   Now that Priority Mail to Australia was expensive so I hope Humpybong gets that package soon! I need to know my friends down under got their medallions!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Humpybong


Has not arrived yet but will let you know when it does.

Our postage rates increased from 28th June so will cost a little more to send around.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

TwoShadows

I/We will be glad to refund funds for the mailings. Still got some money  and as you know, everyone  here gets treated the same and NO ONE is expected to foot a bill anytime. Just let me know and I will gladly refund your money.
Well got to go as I am expecting an unexpected Sheila here on the 4th of July! Might be fireworks after all!!! ;)
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

TwoShadows

   Now I am starting to get a bit nervous over the Aussie package!!! :o  Where is it at Humpybong?
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Humpybong


Takes about 10 days......I think it will be here Monday or Tuesday
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Humpybong



Still has not arrived.......if you have a tracking number please check with your post office Terry.

Normal mail takes about 10 days so priority mail should have been a lot quicker.  Ask for a refund!

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

TwoShadows

   It is NOT the refund I am worried about. It's the medallions and I hope we can get Daniel to strike some more if they don't turn up. I have NEVER lost a package and I don't want to start now! Perhaps they are tied up in customs?
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Nevol

I once had a small letter take nearly 4 weeks to get here from the US, normal mail, so I wouldn't panic just yet.

Terry, do you remember what date you posted them?

I realize Priority should be quicker, but you never know. 

A parcel from Canada took a detour via AUSTRIA on it's way to Austr(al)ia.

Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Triggersmob

I had a parcel sent to me by Gary, it took 3 months to arrive.
It must have gone by sea instead of air.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

TwoShadows

  I will have to see if I can locate the receipt as I know I kept it. Of course I have moved twice in the last month so locating things seems to take a bit longer. One way or another there will be medallions in Australia if I have to ride one of Burkes Turtles myself. Keep me posted Barry! ;)
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Humpybong


The eagle eeerrrrr  turtle has landed.

Must have stopped for a break on the Gold Coast
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Nevol

Woo Hoo!!!!  Great News. 

I can't wait to see them! 
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Triggersmob

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260