Gold Buffalos

Started by Humpybong, April 30, 2010, 12:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Humpybong

Do you know of any American coin dealers that can get hold of the 1 ounce Gold Buffaloes that are reputable and don't over charge?  

They are released today and I wouldn't mind one for the collection if they don't charge much over the spot price.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

NoHope587

They always command a premium over spot if purchased at a coin store. Usually around $75 but I have seen them as low as $25 over and as high as $200.  They are popular in the US and dealers will in some cases pay more then Spot to purchase them from you.
If you want I can ask around my small list of bullion dealer and see if anyone has them available. I assume you are going to want a BU one... not the proof version.

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Paint Your Wagon

I got a 2007 business strike for 3% over spot and a 2007 Proof for 33% over spot
Both from german dealers
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

AdamL

Usually I see them in shops for at least $75 over spot for the one ounce coins. One time though, I saw a dealer at a show selling them foe $5 over spot. I don't know how to get a hold of him though.
-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

OldDan

Barry, you might want to take a look at this site, they usually  sell at about $50 over spot.

http://www.goldcoinsgain.com/american-buffalo.html?gclid=CJrEuMm9r6ECFQdkgwodqw-s9w

Humpybong

Quote from: nohope587 on April 30, 2010, 06:20:47 AM
They always command a premium over spot if purchased at a coin store. Usually around $75 but I have seen them as low as $25 over and as high as $200.  They are popular in the US and dealers will in some cases pay more then Spot to purchase them from you.
If you want I can ask around my small list of bullion dealer and see if anyone has them available. I assume you are going to want a BU one... not the proof version.



BU is all I am after, many thanks for your help nohope
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Paint Your Wagon

Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way