What the F

Started by Triggersmob, July 16, 2010, 11:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Triggersmob

Can anyone tell me what the F means, below the date, on this 1917 Buffalo.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Tobyle

Is it F for James E Fraser, the designer?

Triggersmob

DOH! of course. Now I feel silly.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

scottishmoney

Actually in the spirit of double entendres I like the suggestive version better.

Templar

Quote from: scottishmoney on July 17, 2010, 06:55:03 AM
Actually in the spirit of double entendres I like the suggestive version better.
YOU MEAN LIKE "FRED" ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

Nighthawk

Quote from: templar on July 17, 2010, 07:41:44 AM
Quote from: scottishmoney on July 17, 2010, 06:55:03 AM
Actually in the spirit of double entendres I like the suggestive version better.
YOU MEAN LIKE "FRED" ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
What the "Fred" are you talkin' about?   ???
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

TwoShadows

And all this time I thought it meant FREE? No wonder the dealers keep running me off!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

scottishmoney

Cabooses on trains were replaced with FREDs which, well means F***ing Rear End Devices.

Templar

WHAT A SAD DAY FOR RAILROADING WHEN THEY REPLACED THE FAMOUS CABOOSES---ONLY THE CONDUCTOR AND THE BRAKEMAN WERE ALLOWED IN THE CABOOSES---THE ENGINEER AND FIREMAN HAD TO ASK PERMISSION TO COME ABOARD.....THAT IS WHERE THE COFFEE WAS KEPT WARM SO IT PAID TO BE POLITE---VICE VERSA---THE CONDUCTOR AND BRAKEMAN HAD TO ASK PERMISSION TO GET INTO THE ENGINE AREA--TIT FOR TAT.......I HEAR THE WHISTLES BLOWING...THEY ARE CALLING ME HOME...BUT I WON'T BE GOING... CAUSE I WAS MADE TO ROAM...

            THE TEMPLAR
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

scottishmoney

I am not sure if it was union rules or what, but cabooses ran on some of the Michigan Central trains up until about 10 years ago, and they were using the older cupola style Chessie system cabooses that hadn't even been repainted.  They tend to buy older equipment from other railroads and never bother to paint it, so we have some Portland, Oregon diesel electrics running here.

Templar

A FEW YEARS AGO THEY WERE SELLING CABOOSES FOR $1.00---BUT YOU HAD TO MOVE THEM OFF THE LINE----ONE MODEL RR CLUB BOUGHT ONE AND HAD IT MOVED TO A MEMBER'S PROPERTY WHICH WAS QUITE LARGE AND THEY CLEANED IT UP AND TURNED IT INTO THEIR CLUBHOUSE AND THEN CHARGED FOR OPEN HOUSES TO HELP PAY FOR THE UPKEEP---NOT BAD IF YOU CAN  DO IT..........
        THE TEMPLAR
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

Paint Your Wagon

It must be the F of Faust because people sell their soul for money
Well I mean banksters  ;D
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

TwoShadows

If I could get my hands on one I would live in it! And thats not a joke!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)