Boston Pickup

Started by green18, August 20, 2010, 03:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

green18

Hi guys.  Here's a little something I picked up in Boston last weekend and wanted to share with you.....

AdamL

Wow. Very nice. What is the significance of the mountain lion on this coin?
-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

EgCollector

 :o

The Vermont Sesquicentennial is a very beautiful coin, thanks for sharing  :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Triggersmob

Nice coin, I bet Ellekitty would like that one.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Templar

THE ANIMAL IS CALLED A "CATAMOUNT".......IT IS FROM THE NEW ENGLAND PART OF THE U.S.......IT IS ANOTHER WORD FOR COUGAR OR MOUNTAIN LION......IT BASICALLY MEANS CAT OF THE MOUNTAIN.........

YOUR SERVANT..................THE TEMPLAR
THERE IS AT LEAST ONE COLLEGE THAT HAS THE CATAMOUNT AS ITS MASCOT
BENNINGTON WAS A REVOLUTIONARY WAR BATTLE.............
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

Nighthawk

Nice coin. Thanks for sharing!  :)
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

green18

Thanks guys....:)

Adam, I think Templar answered your question better than I could.

The coin itself holds a special significance for me in that my grandparents took me to the Bennington battle monument back in the sixties.  Fond memories of them and also the trip....:)

ElleKitty

ElleKitty does indeed like that coin.  :)
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Snooba

QuoteElleKitty does indeed like that coin.

ElleKitty is not alone.  That coin is absolutely gorgeous!

:o :o :o


EgCollector

Quote from: Snooba on August 23, 2010, 05:05:42 AM
QuoteElleKitty does indeed like that coin.

ElleKitty is not alone.  That coin is absolutely gorgeous!

:o :o :o



Welcome back Snooba  :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Snooba

Quote from: EgCollector on August 23, 2010, 07:59:25 AM

Welcome back Snooba  :)

Thank you so much!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

At the moment I am in the middle of "tax time madness" at work, so I only manage to catch up on the forum after I've finished working, feeding my son, helping with his homework, washing the dishes and clothes, preparing tomorrow's lunch, doing my budget, cleaning the house, and then putting my son and myself off to bed.  So (unfortunately) I am a bit sporadic at the moment!

Soon I can go back to being part-time.  Woo-hoo!!!

Snooba.    :D :D :D :D :D


TwoShadows

Snooba we not only want you back but we NEED you back. Special place for special people! ;)
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

green18

Thanks for the comments folks....:)

Nighthawk

Got anymore coins to post?   :)
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

EgCollector

I'll be waiting for more beautiful coins to see  :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

green18

Guys and gals, I do have more but I'm away from the desktop and currently on the daughters laptop....:)

Manñana indeed....:)

S.George

 :D

Hi GreeN:   Thanks for posting the beautiful 1927 Vermont Sesquitl.,   I have few questions.  If this is not a trouble to you, please reply.
Are you keeping them in 2 x 2 Holders or Capsules?
or
will you slab them??
I am also collecting 50-cent commemoratives.   Recently, I got in trade Stone Mountain, 1921-Pilgrim Tercenty., which has a mintage of 20,053 only.
According to my Red Book (2008) the coin is worth $180 in AU
Why Commemorative 50-Cents are low in value when you compare them with1-Abraham Lincoln Cents??
50-cents are in silver.    1-cents are in copper.
When you compare the Price of these coins, Lincoln cents are more costlier than the silver commemoratives??
Is it due to demand??   I have asked this question with several Friends.   But, not satisfied with their reply
George
It is by giving others, we actually receive from G

green18

Quote from: S.George on September 18, 2010, 05:12:31 AM
:D

Hi GreeN:   Thanks for posting the beautiful 1927 Vermont Sesquitl.,   I have few questions.  If this is not a trouble to you, please reply.
Are you keeping them in 2 x 2 Holders or Capsules?
or
will you slab them??
I am also collecting 50-cent commemoratives.   Recently, I got in trade Stone Mountain, 1921-Pilgrim Tercenty., which has a mintage of 20,053 only.
According to my Red Book (2008) the coin is worth $180 in AU
Why Commemorative 50-Cents are low in value when you compare them with1-Abraham Lincoln Cents??
50-cents are in silver.    1-cents are in copper.
When you compare the Price of these coins, Lincoln cents are more costlier than the silver commemoratives??
Is it due to demand??   I have asked this question with several Friends.   But, not satisfied with their reply
George

Good day to you George.  That vermont sesequicentennial is slabbed by NGC in ms62 condition.  When I picked the coin up I had the belief that it could grade a little higher (not that I'm gonna crack it out :)).  You know the old saying....buy the coin, not the slab.  I've only recently started collecting "classic commem's" and I buy most already holdered, however, I do own a few raw pieces and keep them in 2x2's.

The reason you're seeing a price reduction in the commem market place is because that market is a little flat at the moment.  Great opportunity to pick up some bargains!  I've recently won a few on Hertitage Auctions and at very reasonable prices.

S.George

 :D

Hi Green:
Thanks for your kind reply and information.   I appreciate it very much.
Kind regards
George
It is by giving others, we actually receive from G