63MM Medals, What Do You Think?

Started by CoinCrusader42, November 03, 2007, 04:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CoinCrusader42

The first 63MM medals have been distributed, and the first to be mailed out were taken to the post office today, Saturday, Nov. 3.

As they are received by their owners, it would be interesting to see some opinions.

What do you think of them?

;D ;D ;D ;D

TwoShadows

Old Dan I am with you on this crusade! You are going to get an email and I would like to know what you think of SAM!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Humpybong



Hear, Hear......our new quest has begun!
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

CoinCrusader42

Ten more packages in the mail today!!

I'll look forward to some comments.

:) :) :) :)

CoinCrusader42

I think I expressed my feelings in another thread, but would like to say again -- I really like the 63MM medal, and I hope the 2008 medal will also be available in that size and metal.

:) :) :) :)

TwoShadows

I can see, when Old Man winter gets done, I am heading for the pond! Got to locate a "bait shop" as having a full time fishin buddy would be great! Hope to get SAM to join the KOTCT and start having weekly meetings in my small wood shop! That way we could talk fishin all year?
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

ElleKitty

Whahooo!  It came in the mail today.

What do I think?

It's HUGE. That's what I think.  Now I have to find a nice place for it to be seen. :)

Thank you to everyone for all the hard work you've put in on these, to make the 07 medallion series a success. :D
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Triggersmob

Does anyone have any pics of the 63mm medal?
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

TwoShadows

Guess ElleKitty coud take it to her friendly neighborhood jeweler and have it made into a necklace! Believe me everyone would see it then!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

scoutjim99


ElleKitty

*Laughing.*  I wouldn't want to damage it by having it mounted, honestly.  And it's a bit too big to be a tag on my "collar" anyway.  ;)

Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

CoinCrusader42

I'm wondering if I'm the only one who thinks its great?

Scoutjim, yours was mailed today.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Topher

Quote from: ElleKitty on November 06, 2007, 06:49:04 PM
*Laughing.*  I wouldn't want to damage it by having it mounted, honestly.  And it's a bit too big to be a tag on my "collar" anyway.  ;)


You wear a collar?    :o  :D

TwoShadows

I could just see that huge medal hanging from a flea collar for a cat! ;D
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

ndgoflo

Mine arrived in the mail this morning, I LOVE IT!! I have it sitting on my desk displayed  on a small easel. Thanks again to Daniel, Gary, Terry and everyone else that made all of this possible.

TwoShadows

I, as well as, Gary and Daniel appreciate the kind words but do want you to realize 34 people were responsible for bringing the medallions into reality. While I admit it takes a few folks with a dream to get a project such as this started, it took the efforts of all involved to pull it off. This project ended up costing thousands of dollars but it, for the most part, was painless as everyone chipped in and did their part. It is hard to see the big number unless you are directly involved with project and most of the folks here saw $65 or less as their target. I was on the receiving end of all that money coming in from all over the planet and it was a bit overwhelming to see such a response and how fast it added up. I do thank you on behalf on Daniel, Gary and myself for the trust and understanding throughout this project. It is a very unique feeling, that is hard to put into words, when unknown individuals trust you with their hard earned money but it is even more rewarding when those same individuals, who placed their faith in us by sharing the same goal, get to see and hold a finshed product that is NOT available anywhere else in the world! Makes us all kind of special doesn't it? I really like the idea that we have done that which the world said could not be done by a group of strangers on the internet! And, last but not least, each time we glance upon the silver, copper, brass or pewter medallions a set of memories for KOTCT will come flowing regardless how far down the road we may be! I do believe we have created an heirloom in many homes around the world!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

TwoShadows

It is a little on the cool side here now so I got to get Sam interested in going on a "hunting" trip?
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

TKO-100

I went to the post office to check my mail and the postmaster came wheeling out his envelope on a two wheel cart. Low and behold inside was the biggest and prettest plug of pewter I believe I've ever seen.

Not only was the the medallion inside but, their was a slug of wood with the distinctive number 100 on it. I cannot thank all of you enough!

scoutjim99

I am sure i will think it is great my self, thank you. We all have to just think about what this group has been able to do . amazing

Humpybong

Quote from: TKO-100 on November 07, 2007, 04:22:06 PM
I went to the post office to check my mail and the postmaster came wheeling out his envelope on a two wheel cart. Low and behold inside was the biggest and prettest plug of pewter I believe I've ever seen.

Not only was the the medallion inside but, their was a slug of wood with the distinctive number 100 on it. I cannot thank all of you enough!


You deserve it TKO glad you like them, you are, after all, one of us now.
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

djluster

I got mine today. they look great. My 6 yr old son wanted to take and put it with his coins. but we desided to put it with mine. he already said that is alright since we share all the coin anyways. But he like it so much since he loves knight right now. he has been drawing them for week and has knight toy. so it was a hit at my house.

thank you agian everyoen who made this happen

AuldFartte

Mine arrived in yesterday evening's mail. Hoo-boy, is that thing BIG !!! And beautiful  ;D
Maybe I'll be able to take some pics of her this weekend.
Tom (United States)
Knight #45

Topher

Can't wait to get mine.  The next question is how to store it.  Airtite makes a 65mm capsule for medals  (Y-65).  Would there be any issues with putting it in there if it's not a perfect fit?  (Then I've got to find a place where I can buy just one of them.)

edix

Peachy keen! Thanx, Gary! excellent hustle on all this.

edix

It's just a cheap ol' scanner. Serves its purpose most of the time.

CoinCrusader42

Two more Knights commented on receiving their medals.  The following comments were posted on CCF.

Docsfishn

I received mine today and they are AWESOME  Thank You

Graceoutcast

I received mine today! It is amazingly beautiful! Thanks so very much!

:) :) :) :)

dustin43160

i got mine this morn and wow!!! its huge!!!!!!! thanks!!

dustin

dsking

I received mine and gee, golly, wow, it's BIG!  I especially like that I can see the beautiful details without using my loupe!  I have a 2oz Indian Head Cent, bullion ofcourse, and now I can display them together.  My favorite coin/type and my favorite living designer right next to one another  ;D

edix

Does anybody know the process used to create the swirl finish on the 63mm pewter medals?
I have someone who wants to know, he asks:
"Is it on the die, or a pre-strike treatment of the planchet or post-strike treatment of the flan?"

scoutjim99

I recieved mine today WOW it is almost the size of a galvano LOL. 

D. Carr

Quote from: edix on November 12, 2007, 04:51:57 PM
Does anybody know the process used to create the swirl finish on the 63mm pewter medals?
I have someone who wants to know, he asks:
"Is it on the die, or a pre-strike treatment of the planchet or post-strike treatment of the flan?"

After hardening the dies, I put a 4-inch diameter pad in my drill press and attached a round piece of 600-grit sandpaper.   Then I used that setup to sand the die surfaces.   The center of rotation was located at the center of the reverse die, while on the obverse die the center of rotation was where the sun is located.

This was an experiment on my part.   If I do it again, I might try 800, 1,000, or 1,200 grit sandpaper.

ElleKitty

I think that swirling effect is absolutely lovely.
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Dumanyu

Mine arrives today, and I noticed the Sun's "rays" right off, very cool!

Topher

I thought it looked great in the picture, but it doesn't do the medal any justice.  It simply HAS to be held in the hand to appreciate it's real beauty.  This is an AMAZING piece of work.  I'm already looking forward to the next installment.  I couldn't have dreamed of something this impressive.  Wow.  I'm at a loss for any other words.

TwoShadows

And, never forget how rare these medallions actually are! Not to mention the great bunch of collector all over the world who made this all possible. The whole process quite actually is nothing short of amazing!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

RenaL

Got mine this evening.

I loved it. Maybe I'll fix a stand for the great medal.

Thanks everyone who mmade these medals real.

Here are some shots of the big fellow:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/RenaL/KOCT_2007_63mm/KOCT_20007_63mm_Medal_1.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/RenaL/KOCT_2007_63mm/KOCT_20007_63mm_Medal_2.jpg

For those who do not have one of these, here's one to compare the size:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/RenaL/KOCT_2007_63mm/KOCT_20007_63mm_Medal_3.jpg


.

Humpybong



The turtle has arrived in Brisbane....What a great big medallion.
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

CoinCrusader42


Muckeye

I think it's bloody fantastic!

My 63mm medalliom arrived today, lost for words!!

A lot has already been said about the quality of this item, so I'll leave it at that.

To quote your presidant, "gob smacked".

regards,
Muckeye ~ Knight #30

Nevol

I'd second Muckeye's comments about the 63mm Medallion.  Mine arrived yesterday & they are most impressive.  :D
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

CoinCrusader42

I'm so happy that the sea turtle and then the tortoise did their jobs so well, and that the recipients are pleased with the medal.

:) :) :) :)

tyjulie

wow
recieved the medals today nearly hit the roof with the jumping for joy.

Triggersmob

I received my 63mm Medals. They are absolutely splendid.

Thank you very to everyone involved with this project.

I think that must just about wrap up the 2007 Crusade,
so it's back to the castle for a few ales.
Anyone care to join me?

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Humpybong

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

TwoShadows

A lot of very good people, and they all know who they are, should be very proud of what we have accomplished TOGETHER in the last two years. Words cannot describe the dedication to OUR dreams and the efforts involved making them realities. Thanks to all of you for creating an heirloom to treasure for a life time!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Dumanyu

I echo the sentiments of all those before me. It's a fantastic piece to keep, and show. Thank you all who made it possible.

Muckeye

I have a small problem.
I cannot get my medallion into a 2 x 2 holder, so it wont fit into my album!!!
Can I exchange it for a smaller one. ;D ;D
regards,
Muckeye ~ Knight #30

tyjulie

muckeye
send to me. i have a hole saw. witch part would u like to fit in your 2x2.
but than again it aust post might just lose the return product. ???