The Australian One dollar

Started by Aiguptios, September 09, 2010, 06:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

EgCollector

The Australian One dollar


The $1 coin was first introduced on 14 May 1984. Planning for a $1 coin commenced as early as the mid-1970s. It was recognized that Australia needed a higher value coin which could be practically used in coin operated machines and to replace the $1 note which had a short service life through high use.

Mr. Stuart Devlin was commissioned to design the reverse of the new coin. The five kangaroos design was chosen from submissions received from the designer.

Composition; 92% copper 6% aluminium 2% nickel
Shape; circular
Edge; interrupted milled
Weight; 9.00 gm
Diameter; 25.00 mm

Please share with your

High grades
Best designs you like
Errors and varieties
Latest find in circulation
And whatever you have on this series


Thanks  :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

2009
Ruler: Elizabeth II
Obv: Head with tiara right designed by Ian Rank-Broadley
Rev: Circle of 5 kangaroos designed by Stuart Devlin
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

2009
Ruler: Elizabeth II
Obv: Head with tiara right designed by Ian Rank-Broadley
Rev: 100th year of the age pension. Designed and sculpted by Wojciech Pietranik.
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

EgCollector

I hope that our Australian Knights will show us their best of these series :) 

I will be waiting for more info and pics  ;) :)
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Triggersmob

I like the Kangaroo design of 1988.
This was also the year my Daughter was born.



A couple of non-circulation coins that I found in circulation



and we musn't forget the "Rabbit Ear" variety...

 
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

trout

Here are some of my Dollar coins images I posted on ACF.
After the ABC coin issue I no longer activly collect these.

https://www.australian-coins.net/showthread.php?tid=1653

Triggersmob

You have some really beautiful coins there Jim.  ;D
I don't blame you for giving up when the ABC coins came out.
Just a money grabbing exercise from the mint.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260