Software Update

Started by TKO, October 13, 2012, 05:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TKO

It seems we have outgrown our server operating system. For us to upgrade to the latest version of the forum, the operating system that runs the database needs upgraded.
TKO-100

Triggersmob

Were such a small group, it seems strange that we could outgrow anything.
Thanks for looking after us, Terry.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

TKO

I can see where your thoughts are, but how long does it take for a laptop or desktop computer to become obsolete?
TKO-100

Triggersmob

You're right of course. They are obsolete before they hit the market.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

NoHope587

Is there a cost involved in this? If so could we get an estimate of the amount?
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Templar

IF THERE IS A COST INVOLVED ---I AM SURE MANY OF THE KNIGHTS COULD CUT BACK ON THEIR ROOT BEER CONSUMPTION TO HELP DEFRAY TH COSTS..

YOUR SERVANT AND SUPPORTER---TEMPLAR
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

TKO

Twoshadows will need to call GoDaddy and ask what the Linux upgrade will cost.
TKO-100

Humpybong



Yep..that is for sure....I would be happy to throw in a few "bob"

;D
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Nevol

Quote from: humpybong on October 14, 2012, 05:19:24 PMYep..that is for sure....I would be happy to throw in a few "bob" ;D

Me too!   Anything to make sure our future is secure. ;D
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Hansenhome

Yes if we could get an estimate of the amount it will cost I am sure we all will help!!
Best Regards Jeffrey

Goose


Pocketcoins


Templar

SURE BUT WOULD BOB MIND ??? ??? ???
Quote from: humpybong on October 14, 2012, 05:19:24 PM


Yep..that is for sure....I would be happy to throw in a few "bob"

;D
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!