For us to remember....

Started by TKO, November 06, 2012, 10:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TKO

It is with great sadness I tell you all that Old Dan (Gene Daniels) passed away. Below is the obituary that was posted on the funeral home website.

Rest in Peace my friend.....

Graveside services for Gene Tunney Daniels, 84, will be held at 1:00 P.M. Saturday, October 27, 2012 at the Glenrock Cemetery in Glenrock, Wyoming with Reverend Ray Hershey officiating with Masonic rites from the Glenrock Masonic Lodge Number 22.
Gene Daniels a long time Glenrock resident died Sunday, October 21, 2012 at the Central Wyoming Hospice Center in Casper, Wyoming.   
Gene was born January 22, 1928 the son of Herman W. and Marianna Y. (Goodwine) Daniels in Cheyenne, Wyoming. After graduating from high school Gene attended the University of Colorado, where he got his bachelors and master
TKO-100

Triggersmob

Very sad news indeed.
Gene will be greatly missed here.

R.I.P my friend.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Paint Your Wagon

A truly honest man
He may be happier now

I will miss him
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

longnine009

Rest in peace Grandmaster. We all love ya.

Nevol

RIP Old Dan.  He will be sadly missed by all.
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Templar

IT IS A SAD BIT OF NEWS TO WAKE UP TO-----THINGS YOU EXPECT---BUT NEVER HOPE TO HEAR...........VERY HONEST---KEPT US IN LINE--WE HAVE SENT A GREAT KNIGHT TO A BIGGER AND BETTER CASTLE................BYE GENE
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

Pocketcoins

He will surely be missed. My condolences to the family

Humpybong



RIP Gene.

It was a great honour knowing you, a great collector will be greatly missed.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

AdamL

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

EgCollector

RIP OldDan
My condolences to his family and friends
Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Tobyle

I have always felt a great respect for Gene. May you rest in peace, Gene.

Nighthawk

NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

TKO

Here are some photo's of Gene "OldDan" Daniels sent to me by his daughter. We can't thank you enough for these photos.

Here is her descriptions of who is in the photo's:
First is a picture of Mom and Pop taken in 2006. Next is a picture taken of 2011 with Pop and the Greatgrandkids. Last is a picture of Pop taken in 2006 at a Masonic Lodge award ceremony.


TKO
TKO-100

Triggersmob

Thanks TKO for putting those pics up.
I always wondered what Gene looked like.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Templar

VERY NICE PICTURES OF GENE--------THANKS FOR SHARING----
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

AdamL

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Humpybong


I remember CHATting with him on our old CHAT ROOM. He always liked a good chat.

I remember him.
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Triggersmob

Is it only three years ago that Gene passed away.
It seems like he has been gone much longer.
There must be an awesome coin club up stairs. :)
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Paint Your Wagon

I had some nice emails with him after somebody abused of his pc to send a nasty email virus with his name on it

Pity he was so timid as I remember (or is my memory going )
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

MattTheRiley

R.I.P.

There are coins in heaven, right?  There has to be, it wouldn't be heaven without them!
Hiding in Oregon, USA