Grade my Buffalo

Started by dsking, November 11, 2007, 01:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dsking

I just happened to notice that this little guy is an "S".  He was a "freebie" what can I say.  Is he more than a "G"? Value?

I'm still practicing with my Irfanview Panoramas. I'll do pics vertically from now on too.  I think that it will work better on the forum.  Yes?

Thanks all!

Dumanyu

I'd call it VG to barely an F, as the horns are visible, and you can see some of the tail.
Just MHO!

dsking

Thanks!  He's now safe and sound with the rest of the herd! 

Dumanyu

Best place for him, Debbie. I find trying to sell these types is hardly worth the effort, or postage for that matter.

TwoShadows

The only thing you got going against you is the date Debbie. If that date had been in the teens then that G-6 would have been well worth having around! None the less it is a piece of history that has more than served its purpose in its time and now, regardless of grade, it is a collectors item worth far more than the five cents on the reverse!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Dumanyu

Well said, Terry. All collectors should feel that way.

dsking

I agree also, Terry!  It's more the history of any coin that excites me sometimes more than the coin itself or value.

Thanks all!

S.George

 :D

Dear Friend:
I grade the Buffallo vg-8., as the rim has knocks/broken in few places.  BUT A NICE COIN TO OWN.

I have completed the BUFFALLO COLLECTION AND WORKING ON BARBER HALVES THROUGH TRADE.    Any help in this regard will be appreciated very much.

Wish you, ALL, A MERRY CHRISTMS
Sincerely
George/India
It is by giving others, we actually receive from G