2014 Victoria Cross $10 coin

Started by Triggersmob, June 19, 2014, 04:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Triggersmob

Recently the Royal Australian Mint ran a raffle, to see who would be able to buy one of the 5000 of these coins.
I put my name in the hat and I won the opportunity to buy one. I think a few of our other Aussie Knights might
have also purchased one. It is antique copper, 57mm in diameter. It has the names of all 100 Victoria Cross Medal
recipients, on the coin. 
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Goose

Congrats Steve.....you won the chance to purchase one and you took it.

Erik

Beautifull medal Mr. Steve. You are lucky man  :)
:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

Triggersmob

I don't normally collect NCLT, but I thought it might be a good investment. They are selling on E-bay already for $700.  :)
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

SirStacksALot

Wow, $700 for a newly released copper coin is up there. Congrats on winning that raffle! It is a pretty cool design. BTW, what does NCLT stand for?

Nevol

Quote from: SirStacksALot on June 20, 2014, 06:42:01 AM
Wow, $700 for a newly released copper coin is up there. Congrats on winning that raffle! It is a pretty cool design. BTW, what does NCLT stand for?
NCLT = Non Circulating Legal Tender.
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

SirStacksALot


ElleKitty

And once again, I miss out on the Victoria Cross. :(

I still would love to have one of the dollar coins from years back.
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Triggersmob

That would be the coin from 2000.
Mintage was just under 50,000 for the carded coin
and another similar amount in PNC.
According to the latest Macca's book, the price when issued was $5
($9.85 for PNC) and it now retails for $250 ($325 for PNC).
Oh, and I don't own one.  :)
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260