Collection so far - 5 centuries of British monarchs

Started by Groat, July 14, 2014, 01:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Groat

Sorry the lighting isn't great.

Two things about this collection:

  • Good luck getting a British circulated Edward VIII coin. Mine's British West African. Close enough!
  • I have a coin with William III on it - but will hopefully swap it out for one which also includes his co-monarch wife Queen Mary ("GULIELMUS ET MARIA" coins)

Humpybong



Nice collection Groat.

I also have a small collection of one of each coin from each monarch....still have a loooooong way to go to get anywhere near the end though.
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Groat

Quote from: humpybong on July 14, 2014, 05:11:38 PM


Nice collection Groat.

I also have a small collection of one of each coin from each monarch....still have a loooooong way to go to get anywhere near the end though.

How far back are you now? I'm finding things are starting to get a bit expensive.  :'(

Triggersmob

Nice collection, Daniel.
I hope you are storing them correctly.
It would be a shame to see them turn green.  >:(
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Humpybong

It is the earlier ones that are getting expensive......

I have

1 x Henry III
1 x Edward IV
1 x Elizabeth
2 x James I
1 x Charles 1
1 x William III
1 x Anne
3 x George II
6 x George III
4 x George IIII
PLus others........some I have duplicates but am still on the prowl evey now and then


Quote from: Groat on July 14, 2014, 05:15:33 PM
Quote from: humpybong on July 14, 2014, 05:11:38 PM


Nice collection Groat.

I also have a small collection of one of each coin from each monarch....still have a loooooong way to go to get anywhere near the end though.

How far back are you now? I'm finding things are starting to get a bit expensive.  :'(
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Groat

Quote from: triggersmob on July 15, 2014, 04:19:53 AM
Nice collection, Daniel.
I hope you are storing them correctly.
It would be a shame to see them turn green.  >:(

Probably not...any suggestions?

Nice collection humpybong.

Triggersmob

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Templar

I NEED TO CHECK MY COLLECTION---I HAVE BACK TO LONGSHANKS-----BUT I DO HAVE TO RECHECK MY MONARKS--------

  WAS THERE A COIN ISSUED FOR THE KING WHO ABDICATED IN THE 1930S?
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

Triggersmob

Quote from: templar on July 15, 2014, 09:23:57 AM

  WAS THERE A COIN ISSUED FOR THE KING WHO ABDICATED IN THE 1930S?


That might be the Edward VIII coin, that Daniel referred to in the first post.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Groat

Quote from: templar on July 15, 2014, 09:23:57 AM
I NEED TO CHECK MY COLLECTION---I HAVE BACK TO LONGSHANKS-----BUT I DO HAVE TO RECHECK MY MONARKS--------

  WAS THERE A COIN ISSUED FOR THE KING WHO ABDICATED IN THE 1930S?


There may have been some UK coins which accidentally made circulation, but they sell for tens of thousands.

You can buy reproductions for cheap, but I wanted something contemporary. I got a British West African penny which bears his name EDWARDVS VIII, but not his face, because there's a hole in the middle of the coin!

SirStacksALot


S.George

 :D

Good Morning!

I can give you a COMPLETE SET OF 1- PENNY COINS OF
EDWARD VII   (COPPER)
AND
GEORGE V (EXCEPT 1913)

I do have a lot of 1/2 Penny coins.

S.George
It is by giving others, we actually receive from G

Templar

THANKS FOR THE HELP----I WAS ABLE TO GET TWO BRITISH WEST AFRICAN COINS (HOLE IN MIDDLE)---WITH EDWARD VIIITH ON THEM--NICE LOOKING---FOR $22.00  INCLUDING SHIPPING AND HANDLING--I WILL WORK ON MY PRINTER SO I CAN SEND SOME PICTURES.................
DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!