Do you have a favourite Aussie coin design?

Started by Triggersmob, August 09, 2014, 01:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Triggersmob

I'm very partial to the Ram design, first used on the shilling, and then later on some other coins too.

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Humpybong


I would have to admit that I agree......the Ram's head coins are one of my favouites.

Prefer the old "bob's" more than the modern decimals.
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

trout


Triggersmob

I would have to agree Trout. It sure is a fantastic design. :)
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Humpybong


Yep...I agree.  Such a beautiful designed coin.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

trout

I picked this Canberra Florin up from "Numisbid".
It is a "One of a kind" and a stunning coin.

http://www.numisbid.com.au/Browse/1927_Florin_PCGS_MS63PL/17707

Triggersmob

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

TKO

The Florin's mint date was the same year my father was born. Mom was 1931. And your right...it's a keeper!

In my opinion, Australia has the most attractive coins to date. The USA had and I stress the word had, some very unique designs then gave way to the ugly generics we have now.
TKO-100

Basil

I also agree with Trout,great design with many hoarded despite the tough times that followed its minting.