Competition in honor of Muckeye's generosity

Started by SirStacksALot, August 31, 2014, 10:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SirStacksALot

I had a great time guessing with last 3 competitions that Muckeye had for us, so this one is in his honor.  One guess per member per day, with one clue per day.  The first clue is:

AG

Good luck to all, and thank you again Muckeye :)

Triggersmob

I know, it's an American Gold Eagle. You shouldn't have done. :)

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Humpybong

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Kena


Muckeye

AG:   a 1966 Australian Fifty cent  coin.
Just a guess but worth a go.
Muckeye ~ Knight #30

SirStacksALot

Although the Gold Double Eagle and American Gold Eagle would both make great prizes, they are both one block south on the periodic table.... Here is your next clue:

EM

Take your next guesses, Good luck ;D

Erik

My head. How can I know what are these letters?  ??? ??? ??? ???

Liberty 20 dollar 1 oz
:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

Triggersmob

Quote from: SirStacksALot on September 01, 2014, 05:55:18 PM
Although the Gold Double Eagle and American Gold Eagle would both make great prizes, they are both one block south on the periodic table.... Here is your next clue:

EM

Take your next guesses, Good luck ;D

So it is silver then,
How about  some sort of Election Medallion
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Erik

Quote from: triggersmob on September 02, 2014, 03:40:38 AM
Quote from: SirStacksALot on September 01, 2014, 05:55:18 PM
Although the Gold Double Eagle and American Gold Eagle would both make great prizes, they are both one block south on the periodic table.... Here is your next clue:

EM

Take your next guesses, Good luck ;D

So it is silver then,
How about  some sort of Election Medallion

Maybe Liberty 20 dollars with Ron Paul but it does not medallion.
:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

SirStacksALot

Time for another clue. But first, it is not an election medal, or a Liberty dollar. Here is your next clue:

DC

Good luck everyone  :D

Erik

My God  :o :o :o ... leters and leters and leters  ??? ??? ??? ???

AG- silver ???, EM - ???, DC - capital city ???

Washington silver dollar ???
:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

Triggersmob

AG - silver
EM - Erie Medal (as in the lake)
DC - Daniel Carr
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Erik

Quote from: triggersmob on September 03, 2014, 03:55:52 AM

DC - Daniel Carr

I specialy dont collect medals but I have two beautiful cooper medals from him. ( Not KOTCT medals ) His products are really beautiful and I am huge fun. Unfortunately many his products are quite expensive. I think nobody dont know him in my country and I am very proud that I know who is he.
:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

Kena

Hi Erik. what medals by Daniel Carr do you have?

I have looked at his work but have yet to acquire one of pieces of work.

Triggersmob

Quote from: kena on September 03, 2014, 06:34:25 AM
Hi Erik. what medals by Daniel Carr do you have?

I have looked at his work but have yet to acquire one of pieces of work.

Ken, maybe I need to include one of his KOTCT medals for you, in our next trade.
I think I have a few spare silver ones.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

SirStacksALot

You guys are definitely on the right track. The next clue is:

2014

Make your guesses   :)

Humpybong

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Erik

Daniel Carr's 2014 2014 Colorado Prospector

EM - David Emslie !!!!
:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

Erik

2014 Colorado Prospector, One Troy Oz 999 SILVER round

All of these are struck on a (former) US Denver Mint coin press. The small "EM" on the reverse at left is for David Emslie, a jeweler and gold/silver refiner who commissioned the piece. The Small "DC" on the reverse at right is for Daniel Carr (designer, engraver, and minter).
:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

Erik

Quote from: kena on September 03, 2014, 06:34:25 AM
Hi Erik. what medals by Daniel Carr do you have?

I have looked at his work but have yet to acquire one of pieces of work.

I have these
:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

SirStacksALot

Congratulations Erik,  you are the winner of a one ounce silver 2014 Colorado Prospector round by Daniel Carr. Well done on the research. Here are a couple pictures of your prize.  :)

Please send me you address again, I know i still have it somewhere,  just not sure where. I have also been saving all of the state quarters that I come across since the last stack of them that I sent to you. Let me know if you still need some to complete the set.

Erik

Woooowww THANK YOU !!!! Beautifull silver medal  :D :D :D Next silver item in my collection . It was very hard but very interesting competition.
:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

Kena

Congrats Erik.  A nice addition to your collection.

Thanks for sharing his other works that you have.

Triggersmob

Congratulations Erik, that's a nice looking medal.
Thanks Jim for the competition.  :)
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Humpybong



Congratulations Erik.

Great detective work.

Also thanks to SirStacksALot for a great competition.
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Erik

:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

SirStacksALot

Your Prize was shipped yesterday morning.  Let me know when it arrives ok.

Erik

Thanks Mr. Jim, I look forward and of course I will inform you immediately.
:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

Erik

Where is my post ? I wrote here I received this beautiful prize a few day ago. I received from Mr. Jim also others nice items. Thank you very much.
:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

Nevol

Quote from: Erik on September 20, 2014, 08:02:07 AMWhere is my post ? I wrote here I received this beautiful prize a few day ago. I received from Mr. Jim also others nice items. Thank you very much.
Is this the post?
http://knightsofthecointable.com/membersforum2/index.php?topic=4425.msg50206#msg50206
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Erik

No, I think I wrote post here for Mr. Jim but now I am not sure.
:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

SirStacksALot

Glad that everything arrived safely.  :)  I was getting a little nervous that the package might not make it.

Erik

I also wrote you PM on September 18, 2014, 04:38:14 PM . I hope you received it.
:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D