Perth Mint - Gods of Olympus Hades medal release.... FAIL

Started by SirStacksALot, October 06, 2014, 09:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SirStacksALot

I tried for about an hour to buy one of the limited mintage (1500) Gods of Olympus Hades 2 oz silver medals from the Perth Mint.  TOTAL FAIL.  I placed it in my cart as soon as it became available (the site was at a crawl while loading), and then tried to go through the checkout process. After about a 20 minute call to Perth Australia, I finished the checkout.  While on the phone, she informed me that she couldn't access her system since volume had completely stopped her from accessing the system.  When the checkout was complete it started a 106 minute countdown to finish processing the order.  At the end of the countdown, the system informed me that I had to return to step 1 and remove the out of stock item. O well, worth a try. I'm definitely not going to pay the aftermarket price.

Humpybong



Suggest you contact "Bigfella" (Shane) who is a KOTCT member and a dealer in Newcastle (Australia).   He may be able to assist you.

I have emailed him as well.
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

SirStacksALot


Humpybong


I see the Perth Mint's web page states that they are unavailable?????

Does this mean they have sold out?

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Triggersmob

It's strange that it says "unavailable", but the other two actually state "sold out".
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

SirStacksALot

I just called perth mint, and they said that unavailable means that it is sold out but orders are still processing.  They put me on a waiting list to be contacted if enough orders are not paid for or fall through for some reason.  I am 34th on the list. Slim chance but worth a try.

Triggersmob

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260