Prototype

Started by nohope587, December 09, 2014, 05:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

NoHope587

OK so i need to polish and pickle it but I have tried something new. the hardest part was tempering the steel properly to maintain its spring..
Money Clip mark 1
I will try it with cut coins as soon as I have the process down..


Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

MattTheRiley

I like it!  Keep us posted as you make progress.
Hiding in Oregon, USA

NoHope587

MK 2 used a different gas mix and rouge instead of a polishing disk..

Getting better..
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Triggersmob

That looks really nice.  :)
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Humpybong



Great looking for a prototype.

Keep giving us updates
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

NoHope587

Getting a few done.. polishing will take the longest time i suspect..
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

SirStacksALot

I'm not much of a money clip guy myself,  but I think the whole thing would look cool plated after brazing or attaching the coin.

NoHope587

I would need to plate it in copper before gold or silver and I have no more copper plating solution. Its a hassle to make but I like your idea.. maybe just plate the coins in gold. i can direct plate to Nickel.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

SirStacksALot

I bet gold plated money clips with coins would sell really well.