Coins from Iraq

Started by Triggersmob, December 18, 2014, 05:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Triggersmob

I recently made a new friend on Facebook.
His name is Mohammed and he hails from Iraq.
His main passion is Mint stamps, but he collects
coins too. I have just completed a trade with him
and this is a sample of the coins I received.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Triggersmob

Also received a 10000 Dinar note.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

SirStacksALot

Pretty cool coins. I like all of the different shapes that they use.  That's a pretty cool banknote too, did they go through some hyperinflation over in Iraq at some point in time? 10000 is a pretty big number.

Triggersmob

I think the inflation might be ongoing now. Currently one U.S. dollar is worth 1162 Iraqi Dinar.
So that note I post is equivalent to USD$8.60
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

SirStacksALot

According to Wikipedia http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_dinar

In 1959 1 Dinar = 2.8 US dollars,  in 1989 1 Dinar = 3.21 US dollars, but in 1995 1 US dollar = 3000 Dinars.  Pretty huge devaluation.

Erik

Quote from: triggersmob on December 18, 2014, 08:17:07 AM
I think the inflation might be ongoing now. Currently one U.S. dollar is worth 1162 Iraqi Dinar.
So that note I post is equivalent to USD$8.60

So price of coins is very cheap :) :) :) They are beautiful and very interesting coins. You could to trade more sets for excellent price.
:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

Triggersmob

Quote
So price of coins is very cheap :) :) :) They are beautiful and very interesting coins. You could to trade more sets for excellent price.

I will do another trade with Mohammed next year. :)
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260