Opinions on a 1915 Half Penny

Started by MattTheRiley, June 19, 2015, 01:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MattTheRiley

Hi all,

I scored this in a trade for nearly nothing!

Guesses on grade and value?





Thanks!
Hiding in Oregon, USA

Humpybong


I would say aVF maybe even VF.


Do not know the US version.]
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Triggersmob

Nice score!
The 1915H only has a mintage of 720,000.
The last price catalogue I bought, list this coin at AUD$600 in VF.  ;D
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

MattTheRiley

Hiding in Oregon, USA

Nevol

Great pick-up Matt. :D That's a wonderful coin to add to your collection.   ;D
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Triggersmob

That's a much better pic, Matt.
Might even make XF in U.S. grading.
Definitely worth the cost of slabbing I would say.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260


MattTheRiley

So, I sent this in to PCGS a while ago, and they graded it AU55!!!!!  I should have it back in hand by week's end!
Hiding in Oregon, USA

Triggersmob

Nice! In the 2014 Aussie price guide, that makes it a $900 coin. Bloody great pick up.
 
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Pocketcoins


MattTheRiley

Hiding in Oregon, USA

Humpybong


Very nice half penny Matt......is that a die crack on the left of the H in Half?

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Triggersmob

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Nevol

Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Triggersmob

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Humpybong


A penny is a penny...no matter if it is a half or full.

;D

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

MattTheRiley

Quote from: Humpybong on October 01, 2015, 07:18:52 AM

A penny is a penny...no matter if it is a half or full.

;D

Unless it is a 1930, that is!
Hiding in Oregon, USA