Changes in the Header

Started by TKO, October 02, 2015, 08:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TKO

I'm sure you have seen this but, have you really noticed that I finished up the code for adding the users online in the header. Now you don't have to scroll down to the bottom to see who is here. I also did a little change on the header background. What I done here was made the image transparent and let the actual forum color through. Kind of soothing isn't it.

All for now and a few days,

TKO
TKO-100

Triggersmob

I did notice the  users at the top. Now I can see who is available for chat without scrolling.
Is there a hide function, so anyone who is a bit shy, can hide themselves from chat?
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Pocketcoins

This is so nice :) Now if we only had some soothing music as we read. Maybe some opry music? ??? That would be Grand Ole Opry of course. ;D ;D ::) ::)

TKO

Sorry...no music. I figured it would interfere with all of the ooh's and aah's. So you just going to need to hum.  :o

Chat for the bashful is kind of built in. It's like that telephone feature "caller ID". Just don't answer.  ;D
TKO-100

TKO

I'm surprised no one has said anything about the medallion being replaced.
TKO-100

Nevol

Just goes to show how efficiently you do things, so smoooothly we don't even notice!

The Castle looks great!
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

TKO

Well I went and did it again...

I couldn't see us starting off brand new without cleaning up the header area once and for all. I solicited fresh medallion images from Daniel Carr about a month ago and finally got them to stay like a picture and not get all cartoony on me. Then, I sought out a new Castle image to replace the old and dingy darkside castle we had before. I even re-done the text in the center to clear up all the rough edges it had before. (Yes the edges were rough on the text the castle and the medallion for those of us who have aging eyes) I think it has brightened things up a little and looks a lot more welcoming. I think if everyone is OK with this I can call it a wrap on the cosmetics aspect. If it looks like you can't live with it I'll leave it alone. Otherwise, I can change it all back.

All for now,

TKO
TKO-100

Triggersmob

Looks all good to me Terry. Job well done I would say. :)
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Humpybong



Well done...you deserve a few days off.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Nevol

Looks great ! Thanks Terry! Must be time for you to take it easy for a while.  ;D
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Paint Your Wagon

Superb Terry


I have a question
Do we know how many visitor hits we get per week ?
If there are many visitors that do not request membership then maybe we could put all the medals next to that knight medal and
say underneath medals produced by this forum come and join us
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Pocketcoins

 :o :o Dang the eye Doctor, just let TKO do his thing. ;D ;D ;D I thought all the fuzz's was just my eye's. Looking Good. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

TKO

Quote from: Paint Your Wagon on November 01, 2015, 08:40:26 AM
Superb Terry


I have a question
Do we know how many visitor hits we get per week ?
If there are many visitors that do not request membership then maybe we could put all the medals next to that knight medal and
say underneath medals produced by this forum come and join us

Well, actually no. I was instructed in the very beginning to set things up not to allow guests to browse the site. This is why it is so important to use referrals. Any aspect of the site can be tailored to allow Guest viewing but, nothing is set this way.
TKO-100

SirStacksALot

The header looks great Terry.  Nice job  ;D

Paint Your Wagon

Maybe we should at least make our medallions visible for everybody
I sometimes see visitors in our castle
I suppose they can only see the headers
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way