French Coins

Started by Triggersmob, October 12, 2015, 04:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Triggersmob

Right next to Belgium is France (near the border is where my great uncle died in 1916 during WWI ).

Here are a few of my coins from France.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Humpybong



Triggs....do you have your coin collection catalouged in any way...if so what do you use.

You seem to pick up certain categories of coins very quickly.
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Triggersmob

Every coin is catalogued in Excel spreadsheet and also stored online at CCF gallery.
Pictures are also stored in my computer.

The spread sheet gives be denomination, year, mint, mintage, description, KM#, silver content.
The CCF gallery has a search function, so I can call up any word that I have loaded up while adding to the gallery.
For instance if I search for Triggersmob bi-metallic, I get 222 hits. If I search for Triggersmob Silver, I get 488 hits.
If I search for your birth year, 1947, I get 43 hits, etc etc.   
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Pocketcoins

Quote from: Triggersmob on October 12, 2015, 06:12:30 AM
Every coin is catalogued in Excel spreadsheet and also stored online at CCF gallery.
Pictures are also stored in my computer.

The spread sheet gives be denomination, year, mint, mintage, description, KM#, silver content.
The CCF gallery has a search function, so I can call up any word that I have loaded up while adding to the gallery.
For instance if I search for Triggersmob bi-metallic, I get 222 hits. If I search for Triggersmob Silver, I get 488 hits.
If I search for your birth year, 1947, I get 43 hits, etc etc.
Sounds like a very net way to keep up with your coins. I store most of my coins in the throw and pile system. You know how that works don't you?Throw a few coins in this pile then throw a few coins over in the other pile. :o :o ;D ;D ;D

Paint Your Wagon

this is one of my favourate french coins
an angel with genitals
Monnaie de Paris official french mint
bimetal platinum and gold
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Triggersmob

Wow, a stunning coin August. I bet it looks even better in real life. :)

David, I don't think my OCD would allow me to use the throw and pile system. :)
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Paint Your Wagon

Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Triggersmob

Stunning coin August. Thanks for sharing it. :)
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Humpybong


A very beautiful coin, August.

In fact I would say "stunning"

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"