Carved Buffalo Nickel Medal

Started by SirStacksALot, February 09, 2016, 07:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SirStacksALot

I had this medal carved up by a local hobo nickel artist named Shane Hunter a few months ago when the award medals were made.  The original medal was a silver Buffalo Nickel commemorative minted by Daniel Carr.  The carving is a design that I had thought of a while ago and sketched up.  The picture is of the creator of Liberty Dollars (also known as Norfeds).  He is holding out a small Liberty dollar, which is one of my favorite "coins" to collect.

MattTheRiley

That is pretty cool, Jim!  Do you have an image of the "before"?  What the medal looked like before it was Hobo'd?
Hiding in Oregon, USA

Humpybong


Very nice....Shane does a great job.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Zoins

That's a great use of the Dan's Indian Head Nickel Centennial. I like how he's holding up the coin and the year sign.

Recently, I picked up a 2004 Liberty Dollar Sixth Anniversary Fair piece that was minted on a screw press. I believe this was done by Ron Landis. Definitely a small world.