Australia's New $5 Banknote

Started by Humpybong, April 13, 2016, 03:02:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Humpybong


Australia will release a new $5 banknote in September.  Click in link below to have a loo at press release.


  http://www.rba.gov.au/media-releases/2016/mr-16-09.html
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Triggersmob

Not overly impressed by it, but will wait till I have one in hand to make final judgement.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Nevol

I would have preferred a more realistic image of HM, she looks remarkably young for a 90 year old.  :o
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

AnotherKnight

NSW Australia

Humpybong



As long as I can spend it...who cares!
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Redlock

In my eyes, an improvement on the current note. But it seems I am one of the few who think so.
Is the new design really that unpopular as some reports suggest?
Germany

Triggersmob

Quote from: Redlock on April 14, 2016, 01:20:23 PM
In my eyes, an improvement on the current note. But it seems I am one of the few who think so.
Is the new design really that unpopular as some reports suggest?

I think people generally don't like change.
We will get over it.
People are certainly unhappy with the new design
if what I have seen on Facebook is anything to go by.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Kena

In the UK we are getting polymer banknotes.

Churchill on the reverse of the 5 pound in September.

10 pound note in 2017 and 20 pound note in 2020.

Most folks are not aware that this change is coming.

Redlock

Quote from: Kena on April 15, 2016, 05:19:45 AM

10 pound note in 2017 and 20 pound note in 2020.


Oh, 3 years, that's a pretty long gap.
Germany

AnotherKnight

Gee I thought it was short as our government takes a lot longer to do things, there's been talk about new notes out here for many many years and now they're finally doing it, you can't rush these things or things like a duel highway that's taken over twenty year or our second bridge here where I live that's taken over 50 years :-\
NSW Australia