UK £5 Polymer Banknote

Started by Kena, September 22, 2016, 09:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Kena

Here is a scan of the UK £5 note.  So this is the first polymer note from the Bank of England.

http://www.thenewfiver.co.uk/

I like the note better than the previous £5 note.

Ken

Triggersmob

Very nice. Is there any anti-scanning technology built into the note?
Do you use an older scanner?
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Kena

That is a good question....I know that some the security features did not scan.

I used my 2nd hand HP Scanjet G2410 which is about 7 years old.

Triggersmob

Might be too old to have that technology built in.
Don't do any software updates, it might acquire it. 
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Redlock

Very nice.
Looks indeed better than the old Fiver.
Obviously, they used a portrait of the Queen which is not recent  ;D

The yellow dots -- on the left side of the ''Queen side'' of the note, on the right of the ''Churchill side'' -- are an anti-scan feature. You will not be able to scan these notes on new scanners or scanners which had an update.
These yellow dots are universally used since a couple of years. The Euro notes have them since introduction in 2002, the new Swedish note have them, the new Danish notes have them, ectr. I think even the new US Dollar bills have them.
Germany

Pocketcoins

I don't see any yellow dots on US note but do know I can scan to my computer but can not copy with Hp8600.

Redlock

Quote from: Pocketcoins on September 24, 2016, 06:57:28 AM
I don't see any yellow dots on US note but do know I can scan to my computer but can not copy with Hp8600.

I think you need to look closer  ;)
According to wikipedia the following USD notes have the yellow dots, which are called ''EURion constellation:''
$5 (starting with: Series 2006), $10 (Series 2004A), $20 (Series 2004), $50 (Series 2004), $100 (Series 2009, 2009A)

Here the wikipedia article which includes a list of all the world banknotes that have it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EURion_constellation
Germany

Pocketcoins

I must have been looking on older notes. I see them on a new $100. (Don't tell my wife I've got one of them, she will need it) ;D.

Humpybong

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"