What's Your Favourite Aussie Coin?

Started by Triggersmob, October 28, 2016, 06:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Triggersmob

I have always been partial to any of the designs with the Ram's head.

So this would be my favourite...

What! You don't have an Aussie coin.
Let me know and we will soon fix that.

Did you know that when the KOTCT started it was a prerequisite
that you had to own an Aussie coin. True.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Humpybong


So many to choose from.......hmmmm  1937/8 Australian Crown has to be one of my favourites

 

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Nevol

Probably my favourite Aussie NCLT

Australia  $10 1990 Sulphur Crested Cockatoo   

Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Erik

My favourite Aussie Coins are Crowns. I have one from 1937 too but not as good quality as Mr. Barry  :)
:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

Triggersmob

Another good choice.
I have the 1967 too, but I can't afford the 1938.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

trout


Triggersmob

Jim, I knew that would be your favourite.  ;D
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Paint Your Wagon

apart from the real nugget it is the mantle piece called time evolution
it is in an acrylic holder that is fit to stand on a mantle piece
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Triggersmob

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Paint Your Wagon

Quote from: Triggersmob on November 26, 2016, 07:34:26 PM
Nice. I haven't seen that one before. :)

It was part of a series of four coins about time
This was the nicest one
Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Nk1nk

I enjoyed the little bit of history about the clubs prerequisite of having to own an Aussie coin. I hope this one qualifies, it's the only one I own but it's one of my all time favorite, sorry favourite coin designs. It was nice to have a reason to go dig it out of the safe. Sorry the pics aren't great.

Triggersmob

Nice coin Nick and I'm sure that would do just fine. :)
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

MattTheRiley

Nice coins so far! I'm partial to this one!



Hiding in Oregon, USA

Nevol

One of my many Favourites

Aust $10 1990 Sulphur Crested Cockatoo 


Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

voyageur


Triggersmob

That's a sweet looking coin.

Where's the drooling smiley?
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

HOOT Owl

Didn't know a thing about Australian coins when I came here. I did an Ebay search and found this, I'd like to make one of these my first Australian coin purchase. .........

Triggersmob

Quote from: Hootowl on May 14, 2017, 07:23:32 AM
Didn't know a thing about Australian coins when I came here. I did an Ebay search and found this, I'd like to make one of these my first Australian coin purchase. .........

They are a beautiful coin. Out of my league though. :)
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

voyageur

I now have proof 'Roo #2, or are these really "Half 'Roos"? They are pretty little critters...

Triggersmob

Lovely coin. Might be a half roo, I can only see one side. :)
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Nevol

Another of my favourites.

Australia $10 Silver 1994 Wedge Tailed Eagle   


Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Triggersmob

Of course it's a favourite. It has a birdie on it. :)
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Nevol

I have over 600 Birdie coins and I love all of them.  :-* ;D Some do get a bit more love though. ;)
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

voyageur

Nevol's 600 birdies must be quite a sight to see. Is that many birdies called a herd ? After looking at Trout's 1927 Parliament House, I thought one would make a nice addition to my growing collection of 'Aussies', so here is my first florin...

MattTheRiley

Now you better just do the whole type set!
Hiding in Oregon, USA

voyageur

Great Idea Matt, but Let me check my lottery tickets before hunting a 1934-35 Melbourne Centenary  :o

Triggersmob

Quote from: Voyageur on May 17, 2017, 06:15:41 PM
Great Idea Matt, but Let me check my lottery tickets before hunting a 1934-35 Melbourne Centenary  :o

I need one of those too. Plus a few others, like the 1930 penny.
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

MattTheRiley

Quote from: Voyageur on May 17, 2017, 06:15:41 PM
Great Idea Matt, but Let me check my lottery tickets before hunting a 1934-35 Melbourne Centenary  :o

I have one and it wasn't too expensive.  $230 USD I believe.  I posted it a few coins back.
Hiding in Oregon, USA

GregK

1996 subscription $1, 30 years of decimal coinage

Triggersmob

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Nevol

Another of my 'NCLT birdie flock"

$10 1991 #156 Black Necked Jabiru Stork Ag .925 Proof   

Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Triggersmob

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

GregK

Need to learn to load it, Steve. :)   

AuldFartte

Tom (United States)
Knight #45

Oih82w8

oih82w8 = "oh I hate to wait"

Triggersmob

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Nevol

Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

LooseChangeCoins

The 1927 Florin is one of my favourites. This example I got a while back, and just fell in love with the toning. The PCGS True View really brings out the details :)

It was our first commemorative Florin here down under (perhaps first commemorative coin in fact....but vodka has addled my memory right now ha ha), with appx. 2 million minted.

LooseChangeCoins

I also love my 2012 Gold "Mini Money" coin set.

It features 8 proof coins, of 11.15mm (0.43 inches) diameter, weighing 0.5 grams each (truly mini money) of 99.99 pure gold.

Each coin features the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of HM QEII on the obverse, and the design of each of our 8 circulating denominations since decimalisation in 1966 on the reverse (1 cent to $2). 

Hard to get a good picture sorry :)


AuldFartte

Quote from: LooseChangeCoins on January 22, 2021, 01:50:12 AM
The 1927 Florin is one of my favourites. This example I got a while back, and just fell in love with the toning. The PCGS True View really brings out the details :)

It was our first commemorative Florin here down under (perhaps first commemorative coin in fact....but vodka has addled my memory right now ha ha), with appx. 2 million minted.

Oh, wow! I have one, but I'd really love to find one toned like yours! Awesome!
Tom (United States)
Knight #45

Zoins

This one isn't mine but it's my favorite design. I was first attracted to these when they were a few hundred dollars a piece and are much higher now.

Oih82w8

@Zoins, I really like that design as well...also my birth year.
oih82w8 = "oh I hate to wait"

Merlin


Pity it is not legal tender in Australia.

RgGoodie

To Quote Monty Python
I ain't dead yet

rggoodie
"catch em doing something right"

Triggersmob

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260