My latest collection theme....Malaya and British Borneo

Started by Humpybong, October 29, 2016, 06:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Humpybong


Have started to collect coins and small banknote covering 1940 onwards from Malaya & Malaya and British Borneo.

Here are some of my purchases from Australia, UK and Europe.

   


 


 


 


 


 


.


 
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Humpybong



Have also purchased a few of the 1941 (issued 1945) small denomination banknotes from Malaya.


 


 


Just a couple copied at the moment, hope to do more later.


Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Triggersmob

Barry, according to my spreadsheet I have the following coins as spare. Let me know if you need them. (no guarantee that they are actually there).

Malaya
10 Cents..1949, 1950
20 Cents..1948

Malaya and British Borneo
10 Cents..1957, 1961
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Humpybong

Quote from: Triggersmob on October 29, 2016, 07:23:47 PM
Barry, according to my spreadsheet I have the following coins as spare. Let me know if you need them. (no guarantee that they are actually there).

Malaya
10 Cents..1949, 1950
20 Cents..1948

Malaya and British Borneo
10 Cents..1957, 1961

Thanks Steve.......I do have the 1950 Malaya 10 cents but do not have any of the others as yet.   Have noticed that some of the years have different mintmarks as well so will need to chase these up as well.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Triggersmob

While sorting those coins for you I found a  Malaya 1948 10c too. Do you need that as well?
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

Nevol

I also have a few spare Malaya coins as follows, none have mint marks:

1c:1939, 1940 (Poor, very corroded), 1943

5c:1950

10c:1948, 1949, 1950 x4

20c:1948

Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Humpybong

Quote from: Triggersmob on October 30, 2016, 08:31:41 AM
While sorting those coins for you I found a  Malaya 1948 10c too. Do you need that as well?

Steve I only have the 1950 KM 8 10 cent coin at the moment. Thanks
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Humpybong

Quote from: Nevol on October 30, 2016, 06:01:24 PM
I also have a few spare Malaya coins as follows, none have mint marks:

1c:1939, 1940 (Poor, very corroded), 1943

5c:1950

10c:1948, 1949, 1950 x4

20c:1948

Hi Nancy......would be interested in the 1939 1c.....the rest I have, thanks.
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Triggersmob

Quote from: Humpybong on October 30, 2016, 08:52:58 PM
Quote from: Triggersmob on October 30, 2016, 08:31:41 AM
While sorting those coins for you I found a  Malaya 1948 10c too. Do you need that as well?

Steve I only have the 1950 KM 8 10 cent coin at the moment. Thanks

OK I will send you that one too. :)
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260