Need Some Help On This One!

Started by TwoShadows, September 05, 2017, 05:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TwoShadows

   I have spent the last 4 days going through years of foreign coins, documenting what I have and looking for current values. I have come upon a 2 Euro coin dated 2007 from Monaco which I can't explain and I sure don't remember who sent it to me. Looks like a 2 Euro coin but it has the outline of Princess Grace on the obverse, along with Monaco and the date is small print. The Reverse is the 2 Euro reverse but the outer ring carries the words, probe, trial, essai.   There is NO edge lettering at all?
   I know Monaco released 20,000 Princess Grace 2 Euro coins in 2007 and the value is extremely high at this time. I just need to know if there is any value in this trial piece. Any of you have a clue? Appreciate any input on this matter! Thanks!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

MattTheRiley

Hiding in Oregon, USA


TwoShadows

Thanks for the information. I guess I have never seen so many trial pieces released by a mint? I know I would love to have the real coin but $850 for a 2 euro coin seems a bit high for a modern date coin. Again thanks to everyone. Now I know I don't need to have the coin authenticated and graded. Saved some money! lol
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

TwoShadows

Now I have found a Spain test coin for the Euro. 5 cents I believe. Any value on that one?
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Triggersmob

Quote from: Twoshadows on October 07, 2017, 05:52:37 PM
Now I have found a Spain test coin for the Euro. 5 cents I believe. Any value on that one?


Is it one of these...
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces40080.html
Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260