Aussie dollar coins to trade

Started by Tobyle, November 28, 2007, 05:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tobyle

I have the following Aussie dollar coins I'd like to offer for trade (individually, or multiple coins). Would consider any trade for other world coins :

These NCLT Mint mark coins are ones that have been found in circulation

If anyone is interested, because this is my  first offer for trade on the forum, I do not expect reciprocal trade until these coins have been received. (gee, does that make sense?????)

1993     Landcare               C MM

1995     Waltzing Matilda     M MM
1995     Waltzing Matilda     C MM

1997     Kingsford Smith      C MM X 3
1997     Kingsford Smith      M MM

1998     Howard Florey        C MM
1998     Howard Florey        S MM

1999     Last ANZACS          C MM
1999     Last ANZACS          S MM
1999     Last ANZACS          M MM

1996     Sir Henry Parkes     C MM

2000     HMAS Sydney 11    C MM

2001     RAAF                    (No MM)

2003     Korean War           C MM

2005     Gallipoli                 C MM X 2
2005     Gallipoli                 G MM

Humpybong




?????You found a Gallipoli "G" mint mark in circulation??????

What idiot did that I wonder.     Some very good trade there for anyone who collects aussie dollar coins.
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Tobyle

Yep ....... scored that, and 5 of the other MM coins in one day when 'swapping' some dollar coins at our local club.

ElleKitty

Tobyle, I'd be interested in trading for some of those Dollars.

These are the ones I have. Posted here so I can see them while I think ^^  Thinking is hard, after work for me.  I have to admit, I'm not so concerned about the mint marks as I am just trying to collect one of every year/type.
QuoteAustralia    1 Dollar    1984
Australia   1 Dollar   1985
Australia (International Year of Peace)   1 Dollar   1986
Australia   1 Dollar   1988
Australia (Landscape Australia)   1 Dollar   1993
Australia   1 Dollar   1994
Australia (Sir Henry Parkes)   1 Dollar   1996
Australia   1 Dollar   1998
Australia (Year of Older Persons)   1 Dollar   1999
Australia (Centenary of Federation)   1 Dollar   2001
Australia (Centenary of the Army)   1 Dollar   2001
Australia (Year of the Outback)   1 Dollar   2002
Australia   1 Dollar   2004
Australia (WWII)   1 Dollar   2005
Australia (UNC set)   1 Dollar   2006
Australia (APEC)   1 Dollar   2007
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Tobyle

ElleKitty,
I have to go out for a while, but when I get home, I'll check through what else I have - can probably fill in some more of those gaps for you. I'll print out a full list of what dollars there are with what I have, minus what you already have.

Anna

ElleKitty

That sounds lovely!  I'll be abed soon, but will check things come morning, and then have all day off on Friday to take care of the things that need doing around the house. :)

Thank you!
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Tobyle

ElleKitty, Have just sent you an email with that list (ignore the first one, please).

ElleKitty

Received. :)  I've printed it out and will compare it after my brain wakes up a little bit.  Should have the results to you sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening. :)
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Topher

When you're done with the kitty, I wouldn't mind a crack at some of those NCLT dollars.  I'm in no hurry, though.

Tobyle

Topher, as soon as ElleKitty sorts out what she wants, I'll let you know what is left.

Topher

Good, I need time to see what I have and don't have.  I know I have the HMAS Sydney, as it cost me $2 to make one at the Royal mint back when I visited.  :)

Tobyle

Topher, if you need any of the 2005 to 2007 MM dollars, I have some spare Unc ones of those as well.

Topher

Oh, I'm positive I don't have those.  My collection pretty much stops at 2002 which is when I moved back to this side of the world.  Some days, I really do miss Australia, but I can't say I'm unhappy here, either.

ElleKitty

Okay!  These are the ones that I need:

1992 Barcelona
1994 Dollar Decade (mint doesn't matter to me)
1995 Waltzing Matilda
1996 Kingsford Smith (the one with the map, not the circulation one)
1998 Howard Florey
1999 Last ANZACS
2000 HMAS Sydney
2001 RAAF
2003 Vietnam Veterans
2003 Korean War
2005 Gallipoli
2006 Commonwealth Games


And.. that's it of the ones that you have available. :)  Now I need a total on that, and what sort of coins you might want in trade?  :D

~Kitty
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Tobyle

ElleKitty, all but the Vietnam Veterans and Commonwealth Games coins were found in circulation, so that's $10. The issue price for the Commonwealth Games coin was $2.75, and the Vietnam Veterans coin was $12.50 (according to Maccas Guide), but I thought I paid a little less.

As for the trade - all I have so far in US coins is a set of unc State series quarters (mixed MMs) and the first 3 Presidential dollars (all of which I just picked up today) and a couple of proof sets, so I'm open to suggestions - or even a surprise.

Please email me to let me know if you are happy with the above, and also with address.
Thanks
Anna

ElleKitty

Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Tobyle

Thanks ElleKitty,
Coins will be posted early next week.

Tobyle

Elle Kitty - just read your message re your gift from Santa which included a couple of coins on the above list. Do you want me to add something different instead of these coins?

ElleKitty

I wouldn't mind, at all.  Thanks for the thought!

The only question is, what to add?
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Tobyle

Have added some pre-ds inplace of those dollars you already received from Santa - will be on their way as soon as I can get to PO.

Tobyle

ElleKitty,
Your coins were posted this morning - they estimated anything between 3-10 days.

ElleKitty

Not a problem at all!  I have to go to the Post Office on Friday to pick up a pair of packages that came for me... and I have four packets that I need to mail, but all of them are waiting on -something.-  ><
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Tobyle

QuoteWhen you're done with the kitty, I wouldn't mind a crack at some of those NCLT dollars.  I'm in no hurry, though.

Topher - still waiting to see if you are still interested in any of the MM coins??????? Did you get the PM with updated list?

Topher

Quote from: Tobyle on March 09, 2008, 06:28:04 PM
Topher - still waiting to see if you are still interested in any of the MM coins??????? Did you get the PM with updated list?

Yep.  I'm going to check my coins tonight.  I'll be lucky if I can lift anything heavier, though.  LOL

Snooba

Tobyle,

Do you still have the:

1) 2001 Air-Force no mint-mark
2) 2005 Gallipoli "G" mint-mark

available for trade?

Snooba.   ??? ??? ???


Tobyle

Sorry Snooba, those 2 have gone. As soon as Topher gets a chance to sort through what he needs, I'll put out a new list of what is left.

Topher

PM sent.  I did leave a few for someone else.  :)

Thanks Anna!

Brissyboy

I also have quite of lot of the Aussie dollar coin issues (more recent years for the mintmark dollars though) if anyone still needs years/themes. Let me know what you are after and I will see what I can do.

Wayne

justabeginner

Woah this topic has been idle for some time, but if they are still available let me know.. :)

Brissyboy

Most are still available. Let me know what you are after.

Wayne

justabeginner

Brissyboy, do you trade or just sell? :)

Brissyboy

Quote from: justabeginner on June 14, 2008, 04:11:33 AM
Brissyboy, do you trade or just sell? :)
I'm not a seller as such. Let me know what dollar coins you are after and we can work out trade or price. Dollars from circulation would be at face, mintmarks at issue price.

arthrene

How's that leftover list coming Brissyboy?

justabeginner

Brissyboy, could you give me a list? Cause I'm really clueless about the dollar names, except the fact that I saw that someone here had a very nice dollar UNC collection, and they were all really nice, well, the ones I don't have.. :D