Welcome AuldFartte to Castle KOTCT!

Started by Merlin, December 11, 2020, 04:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Merlin



Join me in welcoming AuldFartte to Castle KOTCT! Could I please ask you to take a moment and tell us a little about yourself and what your collecting passions are.

As a member, you are going to get to know many great people from around the world. All are ready to introduce themselves and share their collecting passions, and numismatic knowledge with you as well.

We have many useful features for you to use and to take advantage of. Especially our Auctions and Gallery features. They're new and  at your disposal to store images under your personal account.

Have fun and enjoy yourself here at the Castle.

One last thing though very important, please take the time to complete your profile information. It only take a few minutes and it's this little bit of info that helps us get to know you better and also gives us vital contact info for special announcement's and notifications.

Also, save this link ( http://www.knightsofthecointable.com ) to be certain you arrive at the right place every time you visit the Castle.

Again, I extend my all powerful wand in welcoming AuldFartte as the newest Member to the Knights of the Coin Table / Castle KOTCT Members Forum!

Merlin

Humpybong


Welcome back AuldFartte, you have been away for a long time.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

AuldFartte

Thank you, Merlin! Thank you Humpybong! I appreciate the welcomes.

I am a former member of KOTCT, and I took about a 12 year hiatus from active collecting. I'm back. I am actively collecting US Large Cents, US Type Set 1793-1964 (slowly!), British Conder Tokens, British Victorian Type Set, some British Specimen sets, US Half Cents, some Byzantine coins (when I can find nice ones), and a variety of World coins based usually on appealing design and/or toning. I am also interested in acquiring some more KOTCT Medallions.

It's good to be back!
Tom (United States)
Knight #45

Nevol

Welcome back AuldFartte, good to see you return.  ;D
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

ZoidMeister

Welcome back from one of the "new knights" . . . . . .

Zoid is more affectionately known in other parts of the cyberdom as "The Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery."

You see, the position of "Village Idiot" was already taken . . . . . . .

Z

Mackinac

in all trust there is a possibility of betrayal

AuldFartte

Thanks so much Ne?ol (how the heck do you make a heart symbol here?).

Thank you much, ZoidMeister and Mackinac!

I hope all of you are doing well and staying safe.
Tom (United States)
Knight #45

Nevol

QuoteThanks so much Ne?ol (how the heck do you make a heart symbol here?).

Haha....I have no idea, that was done by TKO. As my regular ID is Nevol, that'll do.  ;)
Ne♥ol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

ZoidMeister

Quote from: AuldFartte on December 12, 2020, 12:12:41 PM
Thanks so much Ne?ol (how the heck do you make a heart symbol here?).

Thank you much, ZoidMeister and Mackinac!

I hope all of you are doing well and staying safe.

I've only been a member here for a couple months,  but it's been pretty much a ghost town, bordering on a morgue around these parts.

I have a theory on when and why it became like this.  I might be wrong about it.   How long have you been inactive and was it active then?

Glad to be here for the KOTCT advance notice, but I haven't seen much activity on them this year.

Z

TKO

Welcome once again Sir AuldFartte!

I did some adjusting to your account and you now have all of the posts that you had made from your previous tenure with the Castle. It was only 77 posts but, thay are your posts and you are entitled to them instead of them being referenced as "AuldFartte the Guest".

Once again, welcome back to the Castle!

TKOâ,,¢
TKO-100

AuldFartte

Quote from: ZoidMeister on December 12, 2020, 10:38:49 PM
Quote from: AuldFartte on December 12, 2020, 12:12:41 PM
Thanks so much Ne?ol (how the heck do you make a heart symbol here?).

Thank you much, ZoidMeister and Mackinac!

I hope all of you are doing well and staying safe.

I've only been a member here for a couple months,  but it's been pretty much a ghost town, bordering on a morgue around these parts.

I have a theory on when and why it became like this.  I might be wrong about it.   How long have you been inactive and was it active then?

Glad to be here for the KOTCT advance notice, but I haven't seen much activity on them this year.

Z

I think my last activity on KOTCT was sometime in the fall of 2008. It was certainly more active then than it is now, but activity was quite low compared to other places. I find the same thing has happened with other coin forums I have recently re-joined. I lost interest in collecting around then as I had recently purchased a new Harley-Davidson and was riding in almost all of my spare time. I'm not sure what happened to the activity level here or on other forums. CU (the PCGS forums) was incredibly active every day back then, but the loss of the "open forum" there caused some members to form another forum site and a lot of members went to the new one (I can't remember how to find that place). I'd love to hear your theory on the lack of activity here.
Tom (United States)
Knight #45

AuldFartte

Quote from: TKOâ,,¢ on December 13, 2020, 10:39:51 AM
Welcome once again Sir AuldFartte!

I did some adjusting to your account and you now have all of the posts that you had made from your previous tenure with the Castle. It was only 77 posts but, thay are your posts and you are entitled to them instead of them being referenced as "AuldFartte the Guest".

Once again, welcome back to the Castle!

TKOâ,,¢

Wow! Thank you for that, TKO! I really appreciate you!
Tom (United States)
Knight #45

AuldFartte

Quote from: AuldFartte on December 13, 2020, 01:27:04 PM
Quote from: ZoidMeister on December 12, 2020, 10:38:49 PM
Quote from: AuldFartte on December 12, 2020, 12:12:41 PM
Thanks so much Ne?ol (how the heck do you make a heart symbol here?).

Thank you much, ZoidMeister and Mackinac!

I hope all of you are doing well and staying safe.

I've only been a member here for a couple months,  but it's been pretty much a ghost town, bordering on a morgue around these parts.

I have a theory on when and why it became like this.  I might be wrong about it.   How long have you been inactive and was it active then?

Glad to be here for the KOTCT advance notice, but I haven't seen much activity on them this year.

Z

I think my last activity on KOTCT was sometime in the fall of 2008. It was certainly more active then than it is now, but activity was quite low compared to other places. I find the same thing has happened with other coin forums I have recently re-joined. I lost interest in collecting around then as I had recently purchased a new Harley-Davidson and was riding in almost all of my spare time. I'm not sure what happened to the activity level here or on other forums. CU (the PCGS forums) was incredibly active every day back then, but the loss of the "open forum" there caused some members to form another forum site and a lot of members went to the new one (I can't remember how to find that place). I'd love to hear your theory on the lack of activity here.Z {/quote]

It was October 2009 when I was last here. My mistake.


Tom (United States)
Knight #45

ZoidMeister

Quote from: AuldFartte on December 13, 2020, 01:27:04 PM
Quote from: ZoidMeister on December 12, 2020, 10:38:49 PM
Quote from: AuldFartte on December 12, 2020, 12:12:41 PM
Thanks so much Ne?ol (how the heck do you make a heart symbol here?).

Thank you much, ZoidMeister and Mackinac!

I hope all of you are doing well and staying safe.

I've only been a member here for a couple months,  but it's been pretty much a ghost town, bordering on a morgue around these parts.

I have a theory on when and why it became like this.  I might be wrong about it.   How long have you been inactive and was it active then?

Glad to be here for the KOTCT advance notice, but I haven't seen much activity on them this year.

Z

I think my last activity on KOTCT was sometime in the fall of 2008. It was certainly more active then than it is now, but activity was quite low compared to other places. I find the same thing has happened with other coin forums I have recently re-joined. I lost interest in collecting around then as I had recently purchased a new Harley-Davidson and was riding in almost all of my spare time. I'm not sure what happened to the activity level here or on other forums. CU (the PCGS forums) was incredibly active every day back then, but the loss of the "open forum" there caused some members to form another forum site and a lot of members went to the new one (I can't remember how to find that place). I'd love to hear your theory on the lack of activity here.

I think the downturn in activity here is somewhat related to the loss of a few folks from the PCGS / CU forum.  I've only been a member of any of the coin forums since August of this year, so a lot of my thoughts are speculation on what posted that I've read and haven't been deleted.   I certainly don't know all of the moving parts so my understanding is incomplete.

It seems like a row started when Daniel Carr minted up new Peace Dollars in the spring of this year.   Some folks that I have never conversed with who were "investors" and resellers of Dan's work became quite upset about additional pieces hitting the market devaluating  the stock of pieces they stockpiled.

Words were exchanged,  threats were made, members were booted.   All of this occurred primarily on CU, but the overflow of anti-Daniel Carr sentiment, coupled with the Covid crap we are all dealing with, seems to have affected CU, this forum and CoinTalk.

I think this forum was more heavily affected due to it being ver Carr centric.

Just my thoughts.

Z

AuldFartte

Quote from: ZoidMeister on December 13, 2020, 03:07:36 PM
Quote from: AuldFartte on December 13, 2020, 01:27:04 PM
Quote from: ZoidMeister on December 12, 2020, 10:38:49 PM
Quote from: AuldFartte on December 12, 2020, 12:12:41 PM
Thanks so much Ne?ol (how the heck do you make a heart symbol here?).

Thank you much, ZoidMeister and Mackinac!

I hope all of you are doing well and staying safe.

I've only been a member here for a couple months,  but it's been pretty much a ghost town, bordering on a morgue around these parts.

I have a theory on when and why it became like this.  I might be wrong about it.   How long have you been inactive and was it active then?

Glad to be here for the KOTCT advance notice, but I haven't seen much activity on them this year.

Z

I think my last activity on KOTCT was sometime in the fall of 2008. It was certainly more active then than it is now, but activity was quite low compared to other places. I find the same thing has happened with other coin forums I have recently re-joined. I lost interest in collecting around then as I had recently purchased a new Harley-Davidson and was riding in almost all of my spare time. I'm not sure what happened to the activity level here or on other forums. CU (the PCGS forums) was incredibly active every day back then, but the loss of the "open forum" there caused some members to form another forum site and a lot of members went to the new one (I can't remember how to find that place). I'd love to hear your theory on the lack of activity here.

I think the downturn in activity here is somewhat related to the loss of a few folks from the PCGS / CU forum.  I've only been a member of any of the coin forums since August of this year, so a lot of my thoughts are speculation on what posted that I've read and haven't been deleted.   I certainly don't know all of the moving parts so my understanding is incomplete.

It seems like a row started when Daniel Carr minted up new Peace Dollars in the spring of this year.   Some folks that I have never conversed with who were "investors" and resellers of Dan's work became quite upset about additional pieces hitting the market devaluating  the stock of pieces they stockpiled.

Words were exchanged,  threats were made, members were booted.   All of this occurred primarily on CU, but the overflow of anti-Daniel Carr sentiment, coupled with the Covid crap we are all dealing with, seems to have affected CU, this forum and CoinTalk.

I think this forum was more heavily affected due to it being ver Carr centric.

Just my thoughts.

Z

Wow. I had no idea there was any anti-Carr sentiment anywhere. Of course, the only Carr pieces I own are a few of the older KOTCT medallions. And the PCGS / CU forums were a real zoo for all the time I was on there anyway. Flame wars were common. It appears that a lot of the CU members have disappeared, unfortunately including a lot of my favorite people from 2009 and earlier. CU, CoinTalk and KOTCT all appear to have lost a lot of members (active ones) and the overall activity on any of the coin related forums is way down from the good old days. Thanks for your input!
Tom (United States)
Knight #45

ZoidMeister

Not to worry, the Zoid is here now.  I'll do my best to take up the slack.

Here is a pretty little something that came in for me today . . . . . .

Z

Triggersmob

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 260

AuldFartte

Quote from: ZoidMeister on December 14, 2020, 02:40:30 PM
Not to worry, the Zoid is here now.  I'll do my best to take up the slack.

Here is a pretty little something that came in for me today . . . . . .

Z

Wow! That's a beauty!
Tom (United States)
Knight #45

AuldFartte

Tom (United States)
Knight #45

ZoidMeister

Quote from: AuldFartte on December 15, 2020, 12:54:47 PM
Quote from: ZoidMeister on December 14, 2020, 02:40:30 PM
Not to worry, the Zoid is here now.  I'll do my best to take up the slack.

Here is a pretty little something that came in for me today . . . . . .

Z

Wow! That's a beauty!

I'm still trying to learn how to insert images into messages on this site.   I can get one inserted as a thumbnail,  but I've seen other threads where photos were full size.

Still can't figure that out.

Z

Here is the reverse of the medal above,  just for more practice.

Oih82w8

Its the ebb and flow of collecting interests, imo.
oih82w8 = "oh I hate to wait"

AuldFartte

Quote from: Oih82w8 on December 16, 2020, 01:05:04 PM
Its the ebb and flow of collecting interests, imo.

I quite agree. Thanks for the input, Oih82w8!
Tom (United States)
Knight #45