US Notes (BIG pictures.)

Started by ElleKitty, December 28, 2007, 01:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ElleKitty

More rescued items from my parent's house. :)

US Federal Reserve Note, Ten Dollars, series 1928




Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

ElleKitty

US Fifty Cents Fractional Currency, series 1873.  ( I can't scan in straight lines apparently.)


Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

ElleKitty

US Twenty Five cents Postage Currency, Act approved 1862, no series dated.


Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

CoinCrusader42

Great notes!!

I have one similar to the 50 cent fractional currency note.

Wish I had a bunch of money and could collect both coins and paper money.

:) :) :) :)

ElleKitty

CC, that's the best part! These notes were "free."  At least to me.  All the notes, except the ten dollars, had been saved ages ago by ancestors.  The ten probably cost all of ten dollars, out of circulation.  Not a one of these was paid for at a shop or show.
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Nighthawk

Hi Kitty! I like the fractionals, but especially the $10 note. Notice it has a numeral for the Federal Reserve bank branch instead of a letter. Pretty cool! 8) 8) 8)
NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

scottishmoney

The Secretary of the Treasury signature on the note is AW Mellon, apparently he was quite the coin collector and the reason so many pattern coins are now available for collectors as he traded things into and out of the mint cabinets during the early 20th century.

AuldFartte

Tom (United States)
Knight #45

CoinCrusader42

One of the things I learned just recently, is that some U.S. notes aren't really that expensive.

I happened into a Pueblo (Colorado) coin show last year, and was amazed at how reasonable some of the banknotes were priced.

If I was starting all over again, I would probably build a 50-50 collection of coins and banknotes.

:) :) :) :)