Just purchased Egyptian Necklace

Started by Dumanyu, December 28, 2007, 01:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dumanyu

Here's one I couldn't resist....
Egypt, bead necklace, 716 - 30 B.C., c. 22 inches, made from multi-colored faience beads, a single brown and white core-glass bead at the bottom.

ElleKitty

Okay. I admit it.  I am so jealous.

Ancient Egypt is just one of the things I've always loved, right alongside coins.  In fact, one of my Christmas pressies this year was an illustrated reference on the Myths, Religions, Pyramids and Temples. :D  Fascinating.
Do add this coin to my collection?
 
   Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Humpybong


Nice....did not know you collected artifacts.

Ancient Egypt is also a bit of a passion with me.

Went to Egypt 3 years ago and visited many great places.  Would go back tomorrow if I could.
Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Dumanyu

I have loved ancient Egypt since I was in grammar school. I don't specifically collect ancient artifacts, solely based on the fact that they are hard to find from a trusted source. But, I'm considering a new collecting direction to add to the existing vein.

TwoShadows

I am looking at an Egyptian artifact right now which dates back about 2,300 years. With a little luck it will be mine within the next few days. Will have to explain should I be lucky enough to get my paws on it!
Terry


"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Dumanyu

Terry,
    There's nothing like holding something like that in your hands. I finally received the necklace last week, and it is a captivating artifact.

Dumanyu

Quote from: Twoshadows on January 09, 2008, 08:50:19 AM
I am looking at an Egyptian artifact right now which dates back about 2,300 years. With a little luck it will be mine within the next few days. Will have to explain should I be lucky enough to get my paws on it!

Twoshadows,
    What ever happened with the Egyptian Artifact you were looking at?

CoinCrusader42

Back when I was teaching history at the middle school level, the principal would come into my classroom and we would have a little fun.

When I was teaching a class called "History of the Old West," he would come into the room all excited about an artifact discovered which dated back to those days.  He would tell the story of how many thousands he paid for it, but it was a treasure, so was worth the price he said.

It was usually lip balm which he has scuffed up to look very old.  The pitch was that it once belonged to Sacagawea.

For the most part the kids bought it.  He and I were decent actors.  They were gullible little people.

They never seemed to resent our little charade, and doing things like that occasionally brightened everybody's day.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Dumanyu

Wait a minute CC. Are you saying that Sacagawea had to suffer through chapped lips without her balm!?! ???

KurtS

Very nice! I especially like the colors in that glass bead. Amazing how glass keeps its pigment basically forever.